Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

So right now we have 27 MIDI's and 21 maps (including 3 reserve maps.)

Awesome work guys.

I never thought that we would be in a situation where we had more midis than maps.

From map 05

My computer is being problematic again. Might not be able to do anything with it for a week, taking it in for a look tomorrow.

Yeah, its a good thing Kyka, Megamur and Xaser do the most important stuff for this. I've been having a laughably horrendous bad luck streak that's culminated in a drink leaking and ruining my computer as I was taking it in for a look. Now I might need to pay around $700 in repairs or get a brand new one (I don't have the money for either of course)

I got a temporary laptop on loan to continue work on this, surely it'll run at least one source port.

Ragnor said:

Yeah, its a good thing Kyka, Megamur and Xaser do the most important stuff for this. I've been having a laughably horrendous bad luck streak that's culminated in a drink leaking and ruining my computer as I was taking it in for a look. Now I might need to pay around $700 in repairs or get a brand new one (I don't have the money for either of course)

I got a temporary laptop on loan to continue work on this, surely it'll run at least one source port.

Crap. I hope you can get it sorted quickly and easily. Computers - not ur friend.

TheUltimateDoomer said:

Hey, can I be signed up as a tester?

Yeah for sure. I'll get you the maps soon. :)

Doomhuntress said:

heh, now we have TWO UltimateDoomers on this project. :p

lol

Just wondering what source port should i use for testing i know it's should be vanilla compatible so should i use chocolate doom or something? I'm usually a zdoom guy so that's more convenient for me. But i'm ok to use whatever is recommended.

i'm no playtester, but i assume that they'd want to test so that it's fully compatible with vanilla, because if it is, then all the other source ports should just follow suit on that note, right?

ok, cool

One more thing. When i finish testing a map should i pm the mapmaker the info i gathered or should i post it in the thread?

I always send feedback to whoever sent me the map in a PM. If in doubt, you cant go wrong sending it to the project leader.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Crap. I hope you can get it sorted quickly and easily. Computers - not ur friend.

Could you resend me the current version, D_GARG's revised map, Mrjoshman's map and the music wad please? This computer does indeed run my preferred port.

I am doing a modification on my own map
I will send it to Kiyikia once its done
then you choose which version it will be

Doomhuntress said:

heh, now we have TWO UltimateDoomers on this project. :p

Do not let them meet, or Doomworld will collapse into some infinitely small alternate universe where intelligent people like COD games, and other nightmares like that.

TheUltimateDoomer said:

ok, cool

One more thing. When i finish testing a map should i pm the mapmaker the info i gathered or should i post it in the thread?

Actually, just send it to me.

Ragnor said:

Could you resend me the current version, D_GARG's revised map, Mrjoshman's map and the music wad please? This computer does indeed run my preferred port.

Done.

D_GARG said:

I am doing a modification on my own map
I will send it to Kiyikia once its done
then you choose which version it will be

For sure. Make changes, and we will use whatever version you send, subject to testing and stuff.

Doomhuntress said:

after some absence, i made a new track. it's a remix of Jeremy Doyle's track, Tides of War, from Requiem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9jt2szeynrdltt/Your%20Last%20Resort.mid

edit: no wait! it's a remix of Jeremy Doyle'a track from map 15, which is unnamed. i misread the Doomwiki.

I actually really liked this track. :)

Pretty sure there was a mistake at 0:42, like a double hit note. But that could just be me.

Good work, thank you. :)

and now... Dev screenies.

http://i.imgur.com/CxZsT4q.png

http://i.imgur.com/BGwctL4.png

http://i.imgur.com/hj1s36A.png

http://i.imgur.com/rXSgDzj.png

http://i.imgur.com/Xf8cMzd.png

Needs "under construction" signs for those images.

Also:

OP said:

Unnamed (mrthejoshmon)

I came up with the name of "Decay" back when I was making it (due to all the eroded looking textures and rust style textures used), is that name good enough or do we need more cheese? (+ I'm thinking of adding a few new optional areas to the last section of the map, I was thinking of utilizing your improved version of the map and the version 10 of the texture pack bundled with it, is this ok?)

mrthejoshmon said:

Needs "under construction" signs for those images.

Also:

I came up with the name of "Decay" back when I was making it (due to all the eroded looking textures and rust style textures used), is that name good enough or do we need more cheese? (+ I'm thinking of adding a few new optional areas to the last section of the map, I was thinking of utilizing your improved version of the map and the version 10 of the texture pack bundled with it, is this ok?)

Yeah. Decay works for me. Unless Ragnor or Megamur have any objections.

I have made a few minor fixes to your map since the version I sent you, so I will send you the latest version of your map, as well as latest version of the texture pack in the next day or so, for you to do as you wish. :)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Yeah. Decay works for me. Unless Ragnor or Megamur have any objections.

I have made a few minor fixes to your map since the version I sent you, so I will send you the latest version of your map, as well as latest version of the texture pack in the next day or so, for you to do as you wish. :)

Ok, that sounds good :)

TNT³: Dark, Narrow, Corridoralution.

It's not going to be one of those maps though. Shouldn't be too much of this.

TheUltimateDoomer said:

Just wondering what source port should i use for testing i know it's should be vanilla compatible so should i use chocolate doom or something? I'm usually a zdoom guy so that's more convenient for me. But i'm ok to use whatever is recommended.

Chocolate Doom is the intended port, and I recommend you use it. But ZDoom would be fine for less-technical levels of testing--things like ammo/health balance, enemy placement, texture alignment, and so forth. But in the end, someone (probably me) will have to run through the maps with Chocolate Doom to make sure they don't crash. :)

@Eris:

Nice screenshot. The red "lighting" kind of creeping up from the floor adds an eerie ambiance that I'm rather fond of.

Eris proves to be a master of themes once more. This is what E2 should be!

(my computer is still absent btw, hence my relative absence)

I have something huge planned to finish off the map. Unfortunately, a 1024 tall sector with dimensions about 5000x4000 and sky ceiling and floor makes vanilla doom throw a hissy fit and chuck HOMs all over the place.

Skies on floor and ceiling both are tricky. Vanilla Doom doesn't really like this by default and casts up HOMs above/below 1-sided walls and occasionally in other places, so you have to do some goofy tricks to get it to work.

I have an example on me at the moment, coincidentally, but it's a sneaky WIP wad. I can PM it if you like.

Just one of the many reasons, ladies and gentlemen, why we appointed Xaser to the prestigious positon of 'Executive Xaser.'

[edit] Mapshot of map 05

http://i.imgur.com/QjOqR1I.png

Eris Falling said:

I have something huge planned to finish off the map. Unfortunately, a 1024 tall sector with dimensions about 5000x4000 and sky ceiling and floor makes vanilla doom throw a hissy fit and chuck HOMs all over the place.

It might be a good idea to avoid this if for no other reason than because I doubt any of our sky textures look good when tiled vertically.

Megamur said:

I doubt any of our sky textures look good when tiled vertically.

Ah yes, I just looked and I see what you mean.
Massive open crater with my thing in the middle then I guess.
In the meantime, more colourful goodness