Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

Eris Falling said:

Anyway, the aurora isn't intended as the sky, I just did that because we aren't allowed to post the real sky yet. I hope that wasn't the visual clincher of the shot :P

Well, it did add to the moodiness of the shot, like some sort of weird greenish dawn coming up over the horizon. But even ignoring that, there's still a large-scale, majestic, mysterious vibe to the shot. It's just so eerily empty, and with this strange thing in the epicenter shooting out a beam of light to the heavens. There's a certain kind of 2001: A Space Odyssey mood to the weirdness. I kind of hope the final area will be this desolate, at least at first.

I really don't see this area as being impossible to do in vanilla. At most, you might just have to simplify the curvature of the walls so there's fewer sidedefs drawn.

Megamur said:

I really don't see this area as being impossible to do in vanilla. At most, you might just have to simplify the curvature of the walls so there's fewer sidedefs drawn.

Yeah I've been too used to Boom mapping recently, I think there's a lot of angle changes even less than 20° in the area.
Since the player needs to ascend the tower, I need to make it wider, and also put lifts going up. Slower than stairs, but can't be helped sadly, since the rest of the area needs at least a bit more decoration.
Teleporter will probably be 128x128, since the beam also needs to be wider, it has issues displaying in chocolate.

Things like is why I generally prefer limit removing in vanilla style to any other map format. Has all the look and gameplay of vanilla, with that extra level of freedom.

Anyway, being my birthday, someone totally has to make something crazy in slot 27 :p (Not that I can play anything! Still no news on it)

Ragnor said:

Anyway, being my birthday, someone totally has to make something crazy in slot 27 :p

*ping* I finally got the reference. Seems like D_RUNNIN -> D_ROMER2 is in order.

Also, liking that second shot Kyka

Fellowzdoomer said:

Hey KiiYiiKiiYa, are flats gonna be in the texture pack? If not, then I'll have to save the map in the current texture pack.

Ummm, Soz dude, not quite sure what you mean. All the flats are in the texture pack. Could you clarify what you mean?

killbotvii said:

Thank you for these. For sure we will go through them. Awesome. :)

Eris Falling said:

Also, liking that second shot Kyka

Thanks dude, yeah I am pretty pleased with that area.

When I set it my main IWAD file (I'm the infamous androider), the editor crashes, saying "No Floor/Ceiling Flats Entities" or something like that. Any chance you can add the flag that tells it that's its a flat?

I am getting the impression that there is a limit for sector being used in a map, vertices are apparently restricted, is it so with sectors too?

i made another E2-ish MIDI based off of Darius' song "avec vouz". maybe it'll come in handy? https://www.dropbox.com/s/1spf2je85w5e37j/avec%20vous.mid

also, Bucket, would it help any with the problem if i sent screenshots of the event list when i open up my MIDI files in Sekaiju? unless the new "fixed" link i posted here (should also be updated in my PM to you) finally solved the problem.

Gez said:

Never heard of that song, but shouldn't it be "Avec vous"?

actually... yes, yes it should. i thought for some reason that the album had stylized it with a z for some reason (even though the whole album is pretty much accurate French), so that blunder is entirely an over-sight by me. fixing the link now... and now the original post should link to the correctly named file.

I was randomly messing around with Map09, the level I contributed to, testing it for the hundredth time, when I crashed the game with the "P_RemoveActivePlat: can't find plat!" error. According to the Doom Wiki, "This error should never occur." I showed you a thing or two, wiki writer.

Checked in at the computer place, still no news on it, which confused the staff there.

Hopefully I'll be able to use my brother's computer during my brief stay there; I have a lot to catch up on, like Doomhuntress' newer midis, Archi's map, Valk's rejected Devilution map, and most notably, Eris' birthday map.

Megamur said:

I was randomly messing around with Map09, the level I contributed to, testing it for the hundredth time, when I crashed the game with the "P_RemoveActivePlat: can't find plat!" error. According to the Doom Wiki, "This error should never occur." I showed you a thing or two, wiki writer.

I am curious about this. wth did you do?

But all in all, always a good day when you can stick it to a wiki writer. Especially a writer who knows more about Doom than we probably ever will.

Ragnor said:

Checked in at the computer place, still no news on it, which confused the staff there.

Hopefully I'll be able to use my brother's computer during my brief stay there; I have a lot to catch up on, like Doomhuntress' newer midis, Archi's map, Valk's rejected Devilution map, and most notably, Eris' birthday map.

When you say Valk's rejected Devilution map, you mean map 31?

Also, don't forget Olympus' newly submitted map 02 (modified by me,) and the new map 02 midi. Also Archi's map is finished. It is a little bigger than it used to be.

I still don't have any good eyes though.

Doomhuntress said:

also, Bucket, would it help any with the problem if i sent screenshots of the event list when i open up my MIDI files in Sekaiju? unless the new "fixed" link i posted here (should also be updated in my PM to you) finally solved the problem.

I can see the events just fine.

You managed to find the correct event, but now you're manually setting the bend sensitivity to zero. That would result in no change of pitch if the wheel is used. I told you the hardware default is 256. Now, will you be able to edit your songs, yes or no? If you can't, I can - but it'll be taken care of at the end, after all submissions are final. I just want to know for sure who is doing what.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I am curious about this. wth did you do?

But all in all, always a good day when you can stick it to a wiki writer. Especially a writer who knows more about Doom than we probably ever will.

I was making the leap that causes the sector 631 lift to lower. There are two lines that cause that lift to lower--lines 3619 & 3621--that are attached to each other. I'm just guessing, but maybe I crossed them both at the exact same time and that caused Doom to get confused, and it applied the linedef action somewhere it shouldn't have.

Wow. That is pretty crazy.

Imma see if I can replicate the fault.

I'll be back in about a thousand years.

Bucket said:

I can see the events just fine.

You managed to find the correct event, but now you're manually setting the bend sensitivity to zero. That would result in no change of pitch if the wheel is used. I told you the hardware default is 256. Now, will you be able to edit your songs, yes or no? If you can't, I can - but it'll be taken care of at the end, after all submissions are final. I just want to know for sure who is doing what.

i'm a stubborn little thing, so i'd like to be able to tackle this problem myself. however, in the event editor, the highest value i can assign the relevant controller,CC#6 : Data Entry (and all other controllers, as well), is 127. is this correct, or am i supposed to fill in Value3 in the editor, too?

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

When you say Valk's rejected Devilution map, you mean map 31?

Also, don't forget Olympus' newly submitted map 02 (modified by me,) and the new map 02 midi. Also Archi's map is finished. It is a little bigger than it used to be.

I still don't have any good eyes though.

Yep, Anubis.

Did you send Olympus the music wad? I'd like his track to not be too out of place if possible. We'll also need credits for the midi's source.

Seems I'll be out of the house for ten days at minimum, but internet will be plentiful there. Might actually get some stuff done. For now though, Drakengard 3. The series that I initially thought Eris Falling was referencing in his username :p

Doomhuntress said:

i'm a stubborn little thing, so i'd like to be able to tackle this problem myself. however, in the event editor, the highest value i can assign the relevant controller,CC#6 : Data Entry (and all other controllers, as well), is 127. is this correct, or am i supposed to fill in Value3 in the editor, too?

CC#6 isn't specific to anything. If you're using it for pitch bend range, you need to set other controllers. This isn't global (at least with format 0, as far as I know) so you need to repeat the code for every channel.
http://kurzweil.com/knowledgebase/pc1x/internal_voices-program_mode/33/

Bucket said:

CC#6 isn't specific to anything. If you're using it for pitch bend range, you need to set other controllers. This isn't global (at least with format 0, as far as I know) so you need to repeat the code for every channel.
http://kurzweil.com/knowledgebase/pc1x/internal_voices-program_mode/33/

um, okay... so the problem is that FL Studio for some reason sets CC#6 to a value of 12 semitones on every channel. i want this value to be the standard, which was 256, so that it doesn't screw up pitch-bend range. however, either i'm stupid, or i'm missing exactly what it is i need to do in order to fix this problem. i know it's probably a chore for you, but i'm genuinely confused at what the hell it is i'm supposed to be doing. at least i know what controller it is that does this now.

I can be a beta tester when you guys reach that point. I can do PrBoom, ZDoom, and/or ZDaemon.

Doomhuntress said:

um, okay... so the problem is that FL Studio for some reason sets CC#6 to a value of 12 semitones on every channel. i want this value to be the standard, which was 256, so that it doesn't screw up pitch-bend range. however, either i'm stupid, or i'm missing exactly what it is i need to do in order to fix this problem. i know it's probably a chore for you, but i'm genuinely confused at what the hell it is i'm supposed to be doing. at least i know what controller it is that does this now.

256 is a setting for a different method. You want CC#6 to be set for 2 semitones.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Wow. That is pretty crazy.

Imma see if I can replicate the fault.

I'll be back in about a thousand years.

Somehow, I forgot to mention that I was testing in vanilla via DOSBox, not Chocolate. That might have made the environment less stable.

TheCupboard said:

I can be a beta tester when you guys reach that point. I can do PrBoom, ZDoom, and/or ZDaemon.

Chocolate Doom is the target platform. However, it couldn't hurt to have testers trying out other ports as well. But since we don't even have all the maps started yet, beta phase is probably a good distance away.

Bucket said:

256 is a setting for a different method. You want CC#6 to be set for 2 semitones.

...d'oh. the site you linked me to even said the exact same thing, but i never considered it to be the correct method of fixing it with. sorry for being such a derp.

anyway, here's a link to the same MIDI with CC#6 set to 2 semitones. tell me if it works THIS time or not. https://www.dropbox.com/s/20s1se8a9r02ckq/Your%20Last%20Resort%202.mid

After posting about it in the GBA Doom thread, it made me want to bring it up here: If anyone could work this song even partly into one of your compositions, I love you. Obscure Doom references always excite me. And I just think it makes a good base for something.