Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Found a couple of treasures in the 2006 reviews - Duke Nukem conversion and Blood

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brad_tilf
Redemption! Bath in its pure Light!

So, almost finished with the 2006 reviews for Doom 2 when I ran across a couple near the beginning of the year that really caught my interest - Blood TC for Doom 2 and Duke Nukem Level 1 conversion for Doom 2. Just thought some might find those of interest if they've never played them before.

Old Post 02-21-14 16:32 #
Brad_tilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mad Butcher

There's an updated version of the Duke Nukem level available from J S Graham's old website.

https://web.archive.org/web/2006022...com/DUKEHH1.ZIP

Old Post 02-21-14 21:05 #
Mad Butcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Brad_tilf

Thanks. I haven't been focusing on updating the files since I'm still in the process of rebuilding the pages, but I'll add it to the page. :-)

Old Post 02-21-14 23:02 #
Brad_tilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Tried playng that Duke conversion... Looks very annoying, so much hitscan rape with limited health. I had a hard time surviving just the first few fights. Well, I guess at least it's true to the original game, which didn't have pain chance if I understand correctly, and thus forced the player to corner camp all the time just like this conversion does. Bleh.

Old Post 02-21-14 23:07 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Brad_tilf

Thank goodness for the web archive, eh?

Old Post 02-21-14 23:08 #
mrthejoshmon

Memfis said:
Tried playng that Duke conversion... Looks very annoying, so much hitscan rape with limited health. I had a hard time surviving just the first few fights. Well, I guess at least it's true to the original game, which didn't have pain chance if I understand correctly, and thus forced the player to corner camp all the time just like this conversion does. Bleh.
Duke 3D does have some kind of pain chance (Loading some enemies with chaingun cannon fire will render them useless), the problem is that the enemies pain state is only marked with a pain noise (and a halt of both movement and attacking for a split second).

A good example would be mulching the brown aliens from Atomic Edition with chaingun cannon fire.

EDIT: I also still have both the Duke TC and the Blood TC from the old version of Doomwadstation

Old Post 02-21-14 23:11 #
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl

I'd rather play the original Blood than the TC really.

Old Post 02-22-14 04:16 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote