Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > One Bloody Night music

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
T-Rex

One Bloody Night is yet another fantastic mapset by the legendary Erik Alm. 9 levels of fun, but a bit bigger than Scythe's mapset, and it is overlooked by some. I couldn't help but be curious about the music tracks inside the wad. Like the music of the Scythe series, they were ripped from various video games. Though I can recognise some, I'm not sure about all of them.

Map01: ???
Map02: ???
Map03: ???
Map04: Breath of Fire 2 - Silence of Sand slowed down (also used in Deus Vult 2 Map20)
Map05: ???
Map06: Breath of Fire 2 - Final Boss (also used in Scythe 2 Map26 and the last boss in KDiZD)
Map07: ???
Map08: Doom 2 - Shawn's Got the Shotgun
Map09: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Volcano and Lava Dome

Does anyone know where the rest come from? I never heard those other tracks before.

Old Post 03-03-14 00:03 #
T-Rex is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tango

not sure about the rest, but I believe map05 is Buried in the Snow from FF7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeIefheO3h0

Old Post 03-03-14 01:06 #
Tango is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
T-Rex

Well, thanks for suggesting Map05's possible music track. It does sound somewhat similar, but it's too different to be sure.

Old Post 03-04-14 03:05 #
T-Rex is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

MAP05 is one of the overworld themes from FFIV, the underworld one to be precise

http://youtu.be/nxiiCBZKoEY

Old Post 03-04-14 03:36 #
kmxexii is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
T-Rex

Thank you, kmxexii. Tango, you were so close as you guessed a Final Fantasy title. Erik Alm surely must be a huge Final Fantasy fan as he used some music from the series on his wads.

Old Post 03-04-14 10:46 #
Tango

wow what the hell haha. I even opened the wad up and shortly after tried to find the song. damn my short term memory eh

Old Post 03-04-14 19:12 #
Tango is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bashe

Map01: Township theme from Breath of Fire II (in the wrong key)
Map02: "Culvert" from Breath of Fire
Map03: One of the boss themes from Breath of Fire II
Map05: Underworld map theme from Final Fantasy IV
Map07: "Decadence of God" from Breath of Fire II (in the wrong key)

Old Post 03-04-14 19:31 #
Bashe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote