Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Taking Pictures

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doom II Guy

How can I take a preview picture of my new wad? I am using Doom Legacy and can't figure out how to do it.

Old Post 05-01-02 02:11 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

/screenshot
That is a console command...

Old Post 05-01-02 06:45 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I dunno if it's the same in Legacy, but in ZDoom you can hit the "print screen" button.

Old Post 05-01-02 22:03 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

hey bigbadgangsta, can you explain that a bit? I'm new to this so I'm not 100% sure

Old Post 05-01-02 23:15 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Archvile64 said:
I dunno if it's the same in Legacy, but in ZDoom you can hit the "print screen" button.
That's what I would suggest.

Doom II Guy: press the tilde (the "~") key; type "/screenshot" in and press "Enter".

Old Post 05-03-02 00:07 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Right, so he has a pic where 50% of the stuff is the console.

More like "Open console with the tilde key, tipe "/bind o screenshot" where "o" can be any key you want and just press it ingame when you feel like taking a shot.

But yeah, I'm more than sure Legacy already binded the screenshot command to the Print Screen key.

Old Post 05-03-02 01:01 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

Okay, I typed in screenshot and I think it worked. Only thing is, the file is "DOOM000.pcx". How do I open a .pcx file? That is, if I did it right.

Old Post 05-03-02 01:03 #
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

Double click on the file. If you havn't configured what program you use to open such type of file, then choose PBrush or paintshop or any kinds of artistic program, that is if you have any, as the "open with" dialogbox pops up.

Old Post 05-03-02 02:33 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Or get this.

Old Post 05-03-02 02:58 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Yes, I love IrfanView cause of its versatility will all sorts of image files.

Old Post 05-03-02 03:42 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

Hey for IRANFANVIEW, it says "Apple QuickTime required". That just sucks. Friggin crappy Windows XP didn't even come with Quicktime. On top of that...when I tried to download Quicktime I was getting nothing. Bah

Old Post 05-03-02 03:51 #
Weedster
Cren/Banned

I have that Kodak Imaging software on mine, that's the default program to open .pcx files with.

Old Post 05-03-02 03:52 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote