Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > DOOM PSX Soundtrack WAD

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:05. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
FreddBoy

Well, as the title says, I'm a big fan of the PSX TC for GZDOOM. However, I would like to use the soundtrack for other DOOM maps/mega WAD's, as its dark, foreboding sounds work very well within doom. But the music file supplied is in a .PAK3 format, and wont work with other mods.

Is there an available download for it anywhere? I tried searching for it last night, but I was mostly directed to a download link for the actual mod, or the original composers web page to purchase the HD versions of the tracks (which admittedly were awesome.) Or to some... dodgy looking links that were probable warez.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old Post 03-27-14 11:45 #
FreddBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chex Warrior

Not actually sure if this will help but the Doom Depot has some music wads with the PSX soundtrack in them.

Old Post 03-27-14 13:16 #
Chex Warrior is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Six

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/in...sic/psxdoom.zip

Old Post 03-27-14 15:25 #
Six is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Will it hurt if I linked to my custom version with both PSX and D64 tunes WAD here?

Old Post 03-27-14 17:34 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
FreddBoy

Thanks to all who have contributed, I just hope they all work with DOOM II!
Mr Chris, wouldn't mind hearing that, as I have never played D64, so hearing the music might sway me into trying it out.

Old Post 03-27-14 18:16 #
FreddBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Check your PM.

Old Post 03-27-14 18:42 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
FreddBoy

Thanks Chris, I'll give them a go ASAP.

Old Post 03-27-14 20:39 #
Piper Maru

Mr. Chris said:
Will it hurt if I linked to my custom version with both PSX and D64 tunes WAD here?

Can you send me that as well, if that's cool with you?

Old Post 03-28-14 00:30 #
Piper Maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

I just want to adapt my own version of the PSXTCMUS wad to be listenable in non-PSX Doom. I replaced all the audio with Aubrey's high quality versions from his site, bonus tracks included.

Old Post 03-28-14 00:52 #
Ragnor is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Piper Maru

I wish I knew how to make wads, I really like Aubrey Hodges work on the Doom and Quake series.

Old Post 03-28-14 02:05 #
Piper Maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomkid

Mr. Chris said:

Would you mind posting a public link? I think a lot of people would like to hear the D64 soundtrack with the vanilla maps

Old Post 03-28-14 07:36 #
Doomkid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote