Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xegethra

My custom levels called 4Doom - With another new enemy!

Ahh haha.

I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for trying them out.

*edit*

Well I'm fixing stuff up at the moment, I noticed a botched door mechanism in level 4. But soon enough I think I'll be able to put up another version.

And level 4 still doesn't have a good reason for the yellow key....if anyone has any ideas on what I could use it for then any suggestions are welcome as the level is already well equipped for finishing it...I just like the delivery method of the key so I wanna use it somehow....

Well, I touched up my map again.

This time round there are two version of it, one with my custom Imp, and one without.

Hopefully my maps are identical to one another aside from this difference. My Imp is a little but faster then the normal Imps and he has more health....he doesn't have stronger attacks though.

Other things I have done are that I made a secret room in level 2 actually accessible...I forgot about it but thought I'd keep it. I also changed the corridor it is in for cosmetic reasons too.

In level 4 I have changed the ending...I made an ornate switch set up to fit the theme better and it's not so easy to just dart for the end now. You have to call the floor down, then press a switch to lift it back up again. And I had the linedef into the room from the exit block monsters....this is to stop those Pain Elementals from coming in, I likeds how before sometimes they were in that room and other times they weren't....but it got annoying when they would get stuck in the lift with you.

But still, it's in effort to improve them. I'll change it back if people want the "diversity" of the Pain Elementals coming into the room or not. I also changed up some ammo placement too.

https://www.mediafire.com/?yf3bebmvd4lk3pz

Got another update in. Trying to give level 3 a bit more variety in the hightech bit, there's a new room to go into now.

I also tried to get rid of any modern looking textures in level 4...so it is more dungeony now. The yellow key now has a use.

https://www.mediafire.com/?s0npjj3glugm8fb

No images other than a look at the enemies I made....nothing too fancy as sprite work isn't my strong suit, although I'm quite proud of the Marine's death animation.

Memfis said:

Um, actually that looks really cool imo, like a different version of the BLAKWAL textures.

But what about that not so beautiful tutti frutti effect say if you used the Vanilla engine. It will look like a wall of junk haha.

Another update, one I spent a lot of effort into making due to my whole new enemy.

This guy. He is an ant creature, based off of the Pain Elemental in that he will spit out a helping friend every now and then.

I apologise if my sprite work isn't too great, I'm not well versed in it.

Other minor things include making the blocked branching sewer tunnels more "expansive" meaning that you can't possibly see the end of them. I noticed in Zandronum on certain light levels, even though the sectors light level is 0..that you could still see the back wall (obviously I wanted it to go into darkness to make the tunnels look like they go somewhere) so I put in corners that bend around and you can't see around them.

Thanks once again to blue shadow for helping me out on getting him to work. I had trouble getting him to spit his friends out. He also has new sounds like the other two do.

I have updated the first post with this info as well.
https://www.mediafire.com/?wigp2hgggvwhwme

I have yet another update! I'm updating more than I usually did before due to me having a lot more free time as of recent....so I fill a bit of that time map building, only because I want to make sure my maps work well. So that explains all these quick additions.

I also have some new images to show as well, a couple cosmetic and a couple of new rooms.

The first one is in the first level, with the crates I put a large shutter like door, to give an entrance way for the crates from the outside.

And I did the same with levels 2's crate room also...but a bit differently. You can't go past that gate at all, it is all in effort to add to the map belonging to a larger world

These are the two new rooms in level 2, an office room and a board room of sorts.

Also a minor change to the corridor you first enter.

I also changed how the fallout shelter in level 3 works....it's a lot smoother and makes more sense in how you operate it.

Either way here the update is. https://www.mediafire.com/?zhozrnntlwd2c2b

That's all for now.