Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Very cool. Now put a green armor on skill 3 and blue armor on skill 2 and you'll have difficulty settings implemented. Seriously.

Perfect gameplay, nice layout and style.. nothing to complain about really.. a megawad like that and i'm a happy man.

But... I did 90% of thing placement in like 45 minutes max. Haven't even played the last version yet, just posted it as it is. Maybe raw barely tested levs are the best? Because the flow in them is, like, "natural" and not forced by the mapper who did 1000 corrections to every little thing. Could try making more untested stuff (well, probably should test with -nomonsters at least to make sure all the triggers work correctly at least).
I've actually heard this idea recently, it's about a different game though but still kinda relevant maybe - http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9014#p233770

Good point about skill levels, one armor object would change a lot already.

Memfis said:

Maybe raw barely tested levs are the best? Because the flow in them is, like, "natural" and not forced by the mapper who did 1000 corrections to every little thing.

[snip]

I've actually heard this idea recently, it's about a different game though but still kinda relevant maybe - http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9014#p233770

Like a lot of things, I believe this idea is one that might work for some people and not others. I need to have my maps tested, in particular because I want players better than me to push me to make UV more difficult than I can manage on my own, so that superior players won't be bored. Also, game-ending fatal errors have been discovered on my maps by people who play in cl 2. I don't play in Boom very often, and I would never voluntarily play in cl 2 or vanilla, so I never notice these things.

Yeah, polishing sucks, and it takes way more time than making the maps, but for some of us, it's necessary.

I'll play your new map as soon as I can, probably tomorrow.

Very good!
Pretty beautiful layout and texturing, reminds me of Hell Revealed 2 in some places. Gameplay is really fun and doesn't allow to relax. I almost ran out of ammo few times.
But music... It's so annoying. I think music from HR2 map02 fits this map nicely.
FDA - http://speedy.sh/FJwre/Superwad-Plut-FDA.lmp . -skipsec -651 is recommended.

Plut said:

-skipsec -651 is recommended.

disagree, seeing first reactions to everything is the best part)

In the future please use F_END instead of FF_END for complevel 2 maps so I can play them in Crispy Doom? :p

Fun map, pretty hard, here's an FDA where I play bad and die a lot. If you're still bored of FDAs that's fine, don't need to watch it, it's just as easy to record an FDA as it is to not.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1265537

Making maps raw and untested is an interesting idea when you at least have a good sense of what makes good level design and what doesn't, kind of like improvising when playing music, you get a spontaneous feeling about it and some design choices that might be "revised" with more playtesting end up standing out a bit more and give the map some unique character. Maybe, I liked it here in any case.

Failed FDA for me too.

Nevertheless, I began again 15246 of time the beginning to understand how to survive easily. It's necessary to remain careful in every corner of the map. Revenants and chaingunners are extremely dangerous, even zombies make very hurt. Monsters are ingeniously placed, that's why your map is very difficult. I always appreciated your maps by these monster positionings.