Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Anyone tried Macdoom?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Years ago I tried a funny three-level wad called Macdoom (I wonder if it was done by MACVILE_WHORE :-P).
No new enemies, textures, weapons or any other new graphics, but it had some hilarious new sounds (ex: former humans would yell "I'LL BLAST YOUR HEAD OFF FOR THIS!" when they saw you and "d'oh!" when killed, rofl).
Unfortunately I lost it :-(

I was wondering if anybody know about it and could point me somewhere where I could download it (if it still exists).

Old Post 05-05-02 19:11 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

I'm actually fairly sure that was done by Macvilewhore. I think it also is/used to be availiable on Elbryan's server. If all else fails, browse in-span.

Old Post 05-06-02 01:26 #
Liam is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

I know "I'll blast your head off for this!" was one of the zombie die sounds for Looney Tunes TC, and "D'oh!" was the player injury sound for both Simpsons TCs, but I'm still looking for the one that goes "BLOW YOUR BUTT TO KINGDOM COME!!!!" and "(concurrent musical note) OOOOO THAT'S GOTTA HURT!!!!!!!"

Old Post 05-06-02 05:16 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

There's a few sound wads on the id ftp site with some excellent Army Of Darkness wavs, funny as hell...

Old Post 05-06-02 05:44 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

One of the very first doom wads i played (a long time ago) was called Macdoom.

I don't remember much about sounds, except that the imps said "Meow"

Old Post 05-06-02 06:05 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

Weedster said:
I know "I'll blast your head off for this!" was one of the zombie die sounds for Looney Tunes TC, and "D'oh!" was the player injury sound for both Simpsons TCs, but I'm still looking for the one that goes "BLOW YOUR BUTT TO KINGDOM COME!!!!" and "(concurrent musical note) OOOOO THAT'S GOTTA HURT!!!!!!!"

Where can I get the other Simpsons TC? The one I have is Hell in Springfield.

Old Post 05-06-02 12:27 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dsm

Lament said:
One of the very first doom wads i played (a long time ago) was called Macdoom.

I don't remember much about sounds, except that the imps said "Meow"

Yep, that was their "growling" sound - they said "'eey, what's happenin' maan?" or something like that when they saw the player.
Heh, there was another wad with "funny" sounds (except that most of the sounds were more ridiculous than funny) where the demons ran up to you and said "ow, ouw, ow!" when biting, lol.

If all else fails, browse in-span.

Uhh, in-span?

Old Post 05-06-02 18:34 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Doom II Guy said:
Where can I get the other Simpsons TC? The one I have is Hell in Springfield.
Well, the TCs I'm talking about only modify the sprites and sounds.

Old Post 05-08-02 01:25 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

Oh. Well, any idea where I can get that?

Old Post 05-08-02 01:30 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Hmmmmm, I don't have a clue :P

Old Post 05-08-02 02:03 #
Doom II Guy

lol *slaps self*
Thanks

Old Post 05-08-02 03:03 #
dsm

Bah! It's (Macdoom) not there.

Old Post 05-08-02 16:52 #
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

Hell in Springfield? Is that the Ultimate Doom version of Simpsons Doom? I only heard about Doom2 one and it I think some of the sprites sucked, especially the Krusty one. The sounds also need to be fixed in because they run for too long which makes the game sound funny.

Old Post 05-09-02 00:28 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

Hell In Springfiled is for Doom 2.

Old Post 05-09-02 00:33 #