Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Doom Weapons/Enemies

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:34. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doom II Guy

Recently, I've been into new weapons. I found this great site:
http://134.29.200.149/~brownist/weapons/index2.htm
I was wondering if there are any more sites that I can get just weapons wads (doesn't replace levels also)? Another thing, I have never seen just a wad that changes the enemies...are there any of these? Thanks for the help.

Old Post 05-08-02 01:16 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Your best bet.

Old Post 05-08-02 01:18 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lutz

If you grab a copy of WinTex, you can rip any cool weapons sprites out of .WADs that contain new levels, too, or rip the levels out and keep the weapons. I would be sure to contact the author(s) before publically releasing any new .WADs with previous work, however.

Old Post 05-08-02 01:23 #
Lutz is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

I may try that when I have the time and decide to learn how to do it. Until then though, I would like to see what other people come up with.

Old Post 05-08-02 01:24 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

Weedster said:
Your best bet.

Let's see, I didn't really look too hard to find it. The closest thing I could find was the graphics section but I don't want to search all those. Am I looking in the right place?

Old Post 05-08-02 01:26 #
Lutz

Doom II Guy said:
I may try that when I have the time and decide to learn how to do it. Until then though, I would like to see what other people come up with.

It's actually not all that challenging, especially if you are just go to browse around in the .WAD; plus, it's easy to save graphics directly to files.

I haven't played it in a L-O-N-G time, but Fanatic's "New Breed" has some modified weapons (www.doomworl.com/fanatic) -- also, the aborted Twice Risen megawad had a bunch of new weapons (and maybe a new enemy or two as well, I can't remember).

Old Post 05-08-02 01:39 #
Lutz is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Lutz said:
I haven't played it in a L-O-N-G time, but Fanatic's "New Breed" has some modified weapons (www.doomworl.com/fanatic) -- also, the aborted Twice Risen megawad had a bunch of new weapons (and maybe a new enemy or two as well, I can't remember).

I think you mean this.

Old Post 05-08-02 11:14 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote