Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Friday The 13th: Jason's Doom

=============================================
Update:

I made some big improvements to the wad visually.

Moreover, I have created two new difficulty levels.

on Ultra-Violence, Jason now has a one hit kill attack.

on Nightmare, Jason now has a one hit kill attack, and will occasionally strafe out of the line of your fire.

See if you can survive the true horror of crystal lake.

Sergeant_Mark_IV's Universal Gore Mod T4 has been implement as well.

=============================================

Download Link:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/friday-the-13th-jasons-doom

You must defeat Jason Voorhees in LJN's 1989 setting of Friday The 13th for NES. Jason lurks around every corner seeking to bury his machete into your flesh. He will vanish into thin air, and appear right behind you, to end your life. You must survive Friday the 13th...

This is a single-player map, with a single enemy; Jason Voorhees. He is very powerful and deadly; and teleports randomly throughout the map as he earnestly tries to kill you. The weapons are basic, and in short supply. You are armed with a nail-gun, a crossbow, pipe bombs, a flare gun, and a shotgun if you can find it.

I took sprites and textures from LJN's Friday the 13th, and edited them to fit with doom. I have also created a Jason Voorhees sprite sheet, based off of the original ones from 1989. Like most games from that era, there were no quarter views, or back views, thus I created them.

I really feel as though this WAD is quite different from what you might normally play. Its a big change of pace; it sort of reminds me of what Alien: Isolation is planned to be like. A survival-horror, where you must fight a powerful and aggressive enemy with low-level weapons.

Please enjoy this WAD, and as always, feedback is always appreciated.

Friday the 13th was one of those movies that I always enjoyed watching when I was a kid. So when I first saw the name of this thread, it was an instant view and download for the map.

That being said, here is a quick video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02SwRee2Has

If there was one thing I would attempt to fix, if it is even possible, is to remove the noise when Jason teleports around. Of course that would probably make it much harder and might be unfair. Other than that, I thought this was a fun little map.

Larzuk said:

Friday the 13th was one of those movies that I always enjoyed watching when I was a kid. So when I first saw the name of this thread, it was an instant view and download for the map.

That being said, here is a quick video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02SwRee2Has

If there was one thing I would attempt to fix, if it is even possible, is to remove the noise when Jason teleports around. Of course that would probably make it much harder and might be unfair. Other than that, I thought this was a fun little map.

Excellent video man! I'm glad you enjoyed the map.

great job man, I already commented on the other thread, but wanted to just say it to you again. You did good. you got any other ideas for wads in the future?

Pretty interesting WAD. One thing I did notice:

Spoiler

Two Jasons? I mean, yeah, you have to kill one for a key, but two of them threw me a little bit off-kilter.

Besides that, this was plenty of fun to play, even though Jason was a bit of a pain to kill. Even though it definitely has survival horror elements (very little ammo, etc.), I never really felt like I was in significant danger, even on Ultra-Violence. Still, it was well-crafted and a bucketful of fun. I hope to see more things in the vein of this WAD (hopefully ones that might make me require a new pair of shorts!)

Jimothy said:

Pretty interesting WAD. One thing I did notice:

Spoiler

Two Jasons? I mean, yeah, you have to kill one for a key, but two of them threw me a little bit off-kilter.

Besides that, this was plenty of fun to play, even though Jason was a bit of a pain to kill. Even though it definitely has survival horror elements (very little ammo, etc.), I never really felt like I was in significant danger, even on Ultra-Violence. Still, it was well-crafted and a bucketful of fun. I hope to see more things in the vein of this WAD (hopefully ones that might make me require a new pair of shorts!)

Spoiler

the way its coded, it literally is 2 jasons; both with 2000 HP. But its not supposed to be interrupted story-wise as 2 jasons, but rather, the same jason coming back from the dead.

I was thinking perhaps having his mother come to life as well on nightmare difficulty. she could fly around and attack like a lostsoul.

reality 2.0 said:

great job man, I already commented on the other thread, but wanted to just say it to you again. You did good. you got any other ideas for wads in the future?

I will consider recreating the entire map of crystal lake. perhaps having other enemies as well, such as those zombies.

I would be a much bigger world. Jason could be a constant danger,and you would have to solve puzzles to face him.

But first I need to get back to finishing my Aliens project.

I made some big improvements to the wad visually.

Moreover, I have created two new difficulty levels.

on Ultra-Violence, Jason now has a one hit kill attack.

on Nightmare, Jason now has a one hit kill attack, and will occasionally strafe out of the line of your fire.

See if you can survive the true horror of crystal lake.

I did a few searches, but I find it hard to believe that this is the only Friday the 13th themed WAD there is in Doom WAD history. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I also want to make a version that is more realistic with my own custom textures, as opposed to the LJN version. However, if I ever get around to it...

I would also like to do a Nightmare on Elm Street (non-LJN). But Freddy will be a little harder to create considering his random incarnations, and special abilities.

Already has several times the gameplay of Slender and all its clones.

It's great fun leading Jason into pipe bombs, I just don't like the idea of laughing maniacal and then going to the mental hospita.

Jaxxoon R said:

I just don't like the idea of laughing maniacal and then going to the mental hospita.

Why not? It fits. :)

Nice wad. If it was more elaborated in structure or gameplay, the right impression might have been spoiled, so maybe it's wonky for the better.

scifista42 said:

Why not? It fits. :)

Nice wad. If it was more elaborated in structure or gameplay, the right impression might have been spoiled, so maybe it's wonky for the better.

Yea, I had to hold back from added too much detail to it visually, because I wanted to retain the original NES game's look and feel. However, in 2.0 I added a few painting that were pics taken from the game, and another LJN game, Jaws.

I think the extra blood provide by the ketchup mod really goes well when splattered all over the clean empty rooms. After sometime, all the blood on the walls and floor really helps to give it a slasher movie feel, i think.

here is a redone version of Jason Vorhees that I edited earlier. I recolored him, and blurred the gradient.

I want to make a second version of Friday the 13th that looks more realistic; not a homage to LJN.

Solid Snake said:

Have you tried using silent teleporters? Would it work out?

This is something I would like to see. It would make Jason be creepier and much more difficult.

I will definitely use silent teleportation when I update this mod. Also, they will be silent when I make a larger mod with this same theme.

I want to recreate crystal lake,using the NES map from the game. But that will all come at an uncertain time, down the line.

What an awesome homage to the NES original. This was really well done! It would be cool to see a more realistic Jason approach as well, using the original theme with scare and shock elements.

Youtube user, Slashbane has made a playthrough of Friday the 13th: Jason's Doom. Enjoy!

RUSH said:

What an awesome homage to the NES original. This was really well done! It would be cool to see a more realistic Jason approach as well, using the original theme with scare and shock elements.

Thanks man!

Breezeep said:

Wow. Did he ever ask you permission to make a mod of your mod?

FTFY

Nah, but since he credited me, its alright.

Edit: I would expand upon this mod, and make new levels, since its been about a year. But it was received with not enough appreciation to merit it. Some people complain about the graphics; which is idiotic, since its a homage to the NES game.

He just loaded Brutal Doom with it, and didn't make a meta-mod. What really, really angers me is how much he complains about the built-in weapons sucking, and about using the "cool" Brutal Doom weapons. He's basically saying "this mod sucks because it has different guns, but it's good if you use BREWTAL DEWM with it even though the mod was never designed to be compatible in the first place."