Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

[RELEASE] Plutonia 1024

Alright, here's my map: Removed. Scroll down to see a newer version. :)

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

Quick I'm-no-playtester-but-here's-two-cents post on Captain Toenail's map: wow, bravo. I definitely agree with Phobus' concerns about what goes on after the cyberdemon, but this is an extremely clever, fun map in my book.

Hey 40oZ Check your Pm please :P i just will need a bit more time for my map i just like how its going but will need the time to detail and place the enemies according the map.

EDIT: i just have almost 80% of the map and i just love the look of this part: http://i.imgur.com/a0qehaN.png

Tenochtitlan V2

-Fixed some texture misalignment

-There is a teleporter back to the start from the exit

-Super Shotgun added to the start

-Different textures used in places

-Last Revenent replaced with Archvile

Pitfall

pretty cramped layout this one has. but nowhere near difficult. interesting concept with the pitfalls. the elevator with the CEIL1_1 for the floor was tedious, but with slightly better combat. there are quite a few problems with it overall. for one, the starting room has two stimpacks, but if I leave the room and let the door close I can never access them again. there's some questionable flat usage as well, some flats don't really match with some textures. try to find some way to match the flats with textures so it doesn't look wrong. also, there's an energy cell pack in the second room, but no plasma weapons. i also found a rocket box but no rocket launcher. try to make combat a bit more interesting, since this is Plutonia-inspired, unless you're going for an early mapslot.

Ascent

a very action-packed start once things get going. a nice progressive buildup that isn't too nosey in terms of combat. i did have to watch my back almost all the time though, as teleport traps are about 50% of the combat here. wasn't sure how to deal with cybie, until i backtracked and found I could telefrag him. the fighting at the blue key was intense but survivable, combined with a few teleporting monsters that made backtracking difficult. i found one particular teleport trap (1 baron and 2 HK's) can be skipped if you gently get the key. also, the three secrets are all right next to each other, really unsure what the motive was there. really, really great map otherwise, my favorite out of all the ones I played so far! and I find it funny how I played a map involving pitfalls before a map that involved ascent :D.

maybe fix the teleport traps a bit so that they all get out of their closets and I'll give it the OK

Plutonic Plate Shift

i've never been a fan of monsters outside the playing area in 1024 maps. here, it's okay, and kinda cool how the imps come from dark tunnels. the shotgun was behind me and i got a chaingun later on to deal with annoying snipers. i really hate that pain elemental, he was an ass. rest of the level was not so bad with the SSG taking center stage, although i missed the secret. i also got some rockets but no launcher. the level is probably the best designed out of the maps we've seen as well. certainly had decisive combat. great job mostly. an OK with this.

Getsu Fune said:

Pitfall

pretty cramped layout this one has. but nowhere near difficult. interesting concept with the pitfalls. the elevator with the CEIL1_1 for the floor was tedious, but with slightly better combat. there are quite a few problems with it overall. for one, the starting room has two stimpacks, but if I leave the room and let the door close I can never access them again. there's some questionable flat usage as well, some flats don't really match with some textures. try to find some way to match the flats with textures so it doesn't look wrong. also, there's an energy cell pack in the second room, but no plasma weapons. i also found a rocket box but no rocket launcher. try to make combat a bit more interesting, since this is Plutonia-inspired, unless you're going for an early mapslot.

Hey, getsu. The reason why I added rocket and cell ammo to the map but without any plasma/rocket launcher is just in case one of the maps before mine would have had a rocket launcher or plasma gun in it. As for the flats, I guess I'll work with em and see what I can do And yeah, I do intend for my map to be one of the first 5 in the wad.

Getsu Fune said:

fuck, i'm behind.

Lazarev Island

much like a lot of your maps, i can find quite a few design quibbles, such as some misalignments or the blood floor on the same level as the water. gameplay is much more balanced though, especially given a soulsphere and armor right from the start, and easy combat up to a point (dealing with an archie with a shotgun/chaingun) so that's a plus. didn't find any secrets though.

https://www.mediafire.com/?j3gzjj9c0g7796j
Fixed the misalignments and hidded the ground traps. The blood is supposed to be a splat so I'll leave it like this.

@joe-ilya

Hmm, you can jump down from the 1st secret to the 2nd one very easily, it actually looks like it's the supposed way. I would say either remove the tele to the rl and let it be a double secret or somehow block the player from entering the second secret from above (no idea how that would be done, though).

So here's my map, a lot earlier than expected.

Name: Litany
Format: Limit Removing
Slot: MAP13
MIDI: On the Hunt by Bobby Prince (E1M6, E3M6)

@A.Gamma

Spoiler

HOM where the 2nd Archvile is

EDIT: Also, the plasma gun area is tagged as 2 secrets but I guess that's just negligible.

well im almost done with this map (though its playable) i only need to do some detailing here and here some ammo placement and medikits too and its ready to go.

Map name: surrounded
Music: i sawed the demons (E2M1) [Not added yet]
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?ym1skdu6kkab94k
plays on: map01 (not official map slot)

Some Screenies:

http://i.imgur.com/MidssAu.png
http://i.imgur.com/Citjxg4.png
http://i.imgur.com/HjLqsTu.png

never made a map with plutonia style, hope i just hit the right spot

Notes: i tested the map with keyboard, that mean played the map only with keyboard as doom old times, so im pretty sure that autotarget can hit even targets on the hill.

@Z0k

I was not able to press the switch that opens the soulsphere secret. It seems like it's just too close to the yellow switch which gets pressed preferentially instead. Not sure if it's possible to make the yellow one unswitchable after the initial switching with the actions it uses... ?

Keyboard_Doomer said:

@Z0k

I was not able to press the switch that opens the soulsphere secret. It seems like it's just too close to the yellow switch which gets pressed preferentially instead. Not sure if it's possible to make the yellow one unswitchable after the initial switching with the actions it uses... ?

yeah i saw that right now, worked the last night because i made the swicht "activated once" but then if people play "in Deathmatch" this map and if some curious player step where the blue key was will close forever the yellow key door if they press swicht before (Only in Deathmatch), but im fixing it right now as well going to add the last details for the map.

EDIT:

Fixed the bug with the yellow swicht. the download link stay the same: https://www.mediafire.com/?ym1skdu6kkab94k

the map its 99% finished (MAP ITS 100% PLAYABLE) only need some details in the windows i left without view to the exterior (the ones with the green texture) but i think im going to finish this map later :)

Waiting for some feedback

Here's version 2 of Ascent.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ht5gb68e0pfzdsm/pl1024-CaptainToenail_V2.wad

-Progress after Cyberdemon is easier. I removed some enemies, rebalanced ammo and moved the cacodemons further away
-There is now a clue for defeating cyber
-Edited the monster teleports to make them slightly more responsive
-Made key pillar thicker so it's less easy to skip the trap trigger lines when grabbing key
-Sorted some pegging mistakes

Ok, Here it is:

Format: Boom
Map slot: MAP07? (map01 for now)
Map Name: Problematic Conditions
Midi: Damage Assesment - from Memento Mori 2

Download

Getsu Fune said:

Plutonic Plate Shift

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Getsu Fune said:

i also got some rockets but no launcher.

I can try to add one if it's necessary, but I figured the players would already have it by the time they reach this map, so I provided some ammo for it.

In any case, I've uploaded a new version of my map: Removed. See page 6 for a newer version. I fixed some texture alignments and made sure the monster teleporter was hidden on the map since I forgot to do that. I also added the start teleportation device since that also slipped my mind. As for the music, I may end up using Congo's track, but it also depends on where my map ends up and what tracks other people choose for their maps. Don't want the music to get too repetitive. :P

for Count651 and Dreadopp:

it's okay to leave some ammo for weapons not available in your map, as long as you don't have so much ammo. and in both of your maps, it's fine. I only thought that certain people who like to pistol-start every map (i'm not one who does this, although i'm of course pistol-starting all of the submissions) might possibly complain about them. so it's generally okay to have that kind of ammo as long as you don't fill the player up too much with ammo for the guns he can't have.

Mt. Lazarev

Combat seems to be much better than before. considering that i didn't find an SSG but it was still a fun map, I actually liked it. however the strangest things happened (these screenies were taken in nomo, i kept getting shot by sargeants otherwise).

when i press this lift and go forward past it...this happens.

looking in the editor, i found out that I apparently went through the teleporter where the archvile was, ending up in a secret sector, and dropping down into the blood missing a linedef that raises the medikit platform. (tag 11) I recommend tagging these two linedefs which i outlined with an orange circle.

other than that, I liked this map for what it's worth.

Technotitlan (Version 2)

alright i think this is pretty neat. the SSG makes things quite easy but with an archie and some other things it's a good map mostly. can't remember if you're older version had a sky or not, but the white sky is kinda awkward with this, but maybe it will have a red sky depending on what slot its in. generally OK.

Confinement Point

having the pain elemental replaced by a caco was a good move, but i'm unsure about the two UV-only arachnotrons, since they can't move much and aren't as threatening as the demons, who could probably enter the hallway to attack me. i would most likely be playing hide n' seek with them which isn't too fun. i liked the other stuff though, like the window where the monsters on the other island could attack me as well as a more surprising chaingunner reveal. overall, nice except the two arachnotrons.

and now for some of the new maps.

Litany (MAP13)

this one flows pretty weird. initially, it looks easy, but with lots of teleporting monsters, it can get sneaky. at least a megasphere secret and plenty of ammo made things okay for the most part. some coop compatibility it seems as well, would've played it in solo-net, but nah. pretty solid, I can't think of what to really work on right now.

Corsair's map

heh, circle of death. very annoying map here, with only bullets to deal with imps, one archie, and all those revenants. suffice to say i really didn't have fun with this at all. four switch presses to get into the center. hmm...now i start to understand why some people hated my Mayhem2048 submission. the cohesion is shit and you seemed to use a rather awful texture IMO.

also, joe-ilya, there's teleports in the water, you don't have to wait for the wood to rise.

Problematic Conditions

quite scary with the cyber behind me at start. initial enemies aren't too bad. some revenants were quite annoying though. at least i found the secret and telefragged the cyber. very nice wad, again, not much to point out that really needs to be changed.

@joe-ilya

Erm, what did you do with the yellow key trap chaingunners? They can now be seen immediately as you start the level. It's possible to shoot them before that platform lowers, too (and I think they can't retaliate then).

@Count651

The elevator doesn't work outside of ZDoom-compatible source ports. Also, there's a hanging body right in the middle of it which blocks you in non-ZDoom ports (or if you enable infinitely tall actors in ZDoom, too). For future reference, please don't use ZDoom for testing when you're mapping for a non-ZDoom project.