Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Batandy

Doom : The Golden Souls [Even More Definitive Edition Released!]

Since the gameplay is based on Super Mario 64 are the levels going to have a non-linier quality in which you can collect most Golden Souls in a level in any order?

Undead Merc said:

Since the gameplay is based on Super Mario 64 are the levels going to have a non-linier quality in which you can collect most Golden Souls in a level in any order?

Heh, there aren't multiple "missions", but you can find some secrets by replaying the levels

It sounds more like Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins than it sounds like Super Mario 64.

Undead Merc said:

When's the release date?

You can find the pre-release in the first post, but, if you prefer to wait for the full release, i still need to make 3 levels, then i'll upload the "Release v1.0" version

I'm not dead, i'm just knee deep in school homework :D

Anyway yeah, super mario galaxy-ish map this time

I'll release the first "full version" in time for this year's cacowards, wish me luck

Weird, does it happen with the old images as well? Have you tried opening the link on another page?

Odd, the images are showing up fine on my end.

They look lovely by the way, keep up the excellent work. It's really rare you can describe a Doom mod as 'cute' but this definitely is.

I Really enjoyed playing it,but if you can please Port it to Zandronum (When you get time),and i noticed this ... not sure if it's missing texture ..

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I Really enjoyed playing it,but if you can please Port it to Zandronum (When you get time),and i noticed this ... not sure if it's missing texture ..

Please, resize those images, they are huge :O

Anyway, sorry but i'm not planning to port it to Zandronum,zandro's code has different physics and it's outdated.

About that bug, it's weird, it never happened when i was playing, looks like a rendering error, since there should be a 3d floor there. Try changing your openGL settings

Full : http://puu.sh/czZZt/35337c4e47.jpg

Some more progress, the full version should be out by the end of this month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk_zlS9l6KA

FULL VERSION is out!
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/w8qetrcmma7yk34/GoldenSouls_Full_1.0.pk3

What can i say... it's been 2 amazing years of development and i'm proud to release the first non-beta version, i played the first beta i've ever released some weeks ago, and i felt proud of the progress of this mod, my first completed Doom mod. I hope that you'll enjoy playing it as i enjoyed making it! And don't forget that even if it's out of beta it doesn't mean that it'll get new maps in the future. I'm also still open to user-made maps and i can't wait to see the progress on the known user maps :)

Congrats on release!

I noticed something odd though. I did an idkfa, and the rocket launcher clearly only uses the center speaker only while the rest of the guns (I think) use the left and right using a 5.1 speaker system. It's a bit weird but not game breaking by any means.

The sound difference is probably because the rocket launcher sound is made from the bullet bill 8 bit sound and an explosion effect, while the other sounds are from other games / real guns.
It's not an important bug but i'll get it fixed ASAP