Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Back to Saturn X Episode 2 is out of beta! (v1.0.1 Aug 13, 2020)

Jimmy said:

way to actually do a thing guys

just when Square releases

That's just perfect timing. ;)

Salt-Man Z said:

Were there even any issues with ep1? I played through the first one in GZDoom, and don't remember seeing a single glitch...

Yes, there was one in MAP06 which I discovered yesterday. It involved some unclosed sector setup that made the engine think it had a missing lower texture it had to fill with the surrounding floor texture. This was only visible from some specific places. It was also easily fixable.

I just had a quick look for the things that I most expected which was the sky texture and the hub and i have to say that i'm very disappointed from both of them. I don't understand why the pre-released version sky didn't make it. about the hub, well not the structure but the music, the train station from E1 was much better then whats came in this hub.

Gonna play the maps today, i'm sure i'll see some great layouts and visuals from them.

FuzzballFox said:

Sorry to say but...the MAP01 map...kinda has a very large um...
Well let's just say even the map itself is very excited. :I

We all know, you're not the only one who saw it. ;)

Oh wow, September 1st release date? Nice one, dick.

40oz said:

The release deadline was set in June and was announced a couple months ago.

Good news and congratulation in all mappers which contributed to the project.

When I learnt the news, I quickly drew a layout, during my Wordpress courses. My map for the episode 3 is badly realized, I hesitate to make a new map.

40oz said:

How embarrassing, especially for the people who are contributors to your project to have a clown at the helm.

40oz said:

Oh wow, that salt! It is all my life lacked.

Could you put some more health in multiplayer there just isn't enough for survival type game play (No we don't play with health respawn too lame). It gets annoying when your searching for ages and all you can find is 2 stimpacks.

Now now, nothing like that. I guess I like the 'nuff said' line describing the Lost Soul in the Doom manual.

A typo in btsx_e2.deh, line 208:
level 2: underhallsUnderwater Explosio

Also, a slight misalignment near the start of MAP02:

Spoiler

Pottus said:

I like it a lot better than the first episode to be honest.

I'm just kidding around :P It's really good to see this be released, I probably won't be able to play it until a few days down the road but I'm excited.

Congrats on being on time for the release, guys. :)
There's a ton of awesome stuff in this megawad, I can't think of any bad map, and everyhing from the texture set to the music reeks of sheer quality.

I could point out that there's maybe too much enforcement of Tyson gameplay in the earlier maps ( 01 and 02 )... I liked E1's debut a bit more because of this. But still, E2 is full of masterpieces that every Doomer should play.
Once again, congratulations and thanks :)

A couple notes while we're at it :

E2M04 :
- Linedef 3798 is misaligned.

E2M26 :
- A blood drop near the starting area ( thing 24 ) hovers on the stairs in PrBoom.

E2M31 :
- It seems that linedef 240 "absorbs" projectiles ( rockets go through without exploding ). Try flipping said linedef, maybe the bug will disappear. For reference, see this thread ( thanks again Memfis ) : http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/69536-why-do-some-upper-lower-textures-in-backside-absorb-missiles/
Same goes for the linedef on the other side.

Map03 has a VPO. Stand on Sector 68 and look at Blue Armor in a NNE direction. More specifically it occurs when you're around the halfway point in that sector.

other than that it's really good so far

I think map31 gets stuck in coop if someone dies behind the sector 1016 after it closes.
On map20 some rocks in sectors 650-651 aren't aligned properly.

Memfis said:

I think map31 gets stuck in coop if someone dies behind the sector 1016 after it closes.

Derp. It's fine if the person inside crosses linedef 1977, but that's not guaranteed. I guess that particular walkover will have to be placed in front of the invasion trigger - or at least the walkover for the shortcut teleports.
edit: Or not. Damn, well... we'll think of something. :)