• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Doomworld Mega Project walkthroughs [latest: ZDoom level 2 - Ed]

Sooo...?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Sooo...?

• I'm interested in, I'll check some videos.
    • Leave me alone, I don't care.

Not only did I playtest this thing myself, up to the point of getting sick of it, but I also took constructive feedback into consideration. Ribbiks gave me detailed report, danne mentioned things that annoyed him - and their input reflected on the map's final state. That's the kind of feedback I care about, while mere complaints about difficulty reinforced by nothing is the thing I'm totally deaf to.

The reason behind the map construction is much more obvious than you may probably think - I'm always lazy to mess with sky transfers for too long, so I often make one big sector with transferred sky and then put the rest of the map into it. It's harsh and leaves lots of waste, yet it works, and this project isn't aimed at perfect polish.

I said that my run isn't very smooth, the beginning is pretty sloppy but I said screw it while recording and continued anyway. I like bumping into everything with my fat ass while running around, of course it can be done without all the ridicule you see in the vid.

You didn't hurt me, I'm just saying that you're not right about playability, playtesting and other related things.

Demonologist said:

Not only did I playtest this thing myself, up to the point of getting sick of it, but I also took constructive feedback into consideration. Ribbiks gave me detailed report, danne mentioned things that annoyed him - and their input reflected on the map's final state. That's the kind of feedback I care about, while mere complaints about difficulty reinforced by nothing is the thing I'm totally deaf to.

The reason behind the map construction is much more obvious than you may probably think - I'm always lazy to mess with sky transfers for too long, so I often make one big sector with transferred sky and then put the rest of the map into it. It's harsh and leaves lots of waste, yet it works, and this project isn't aimed at perfect polish.

I said that my run isn't very smooth, the beginning is pretty sloppy but I said screw it while recording and continued anyway. I like bumping into everything with my fat ass while running around, of course it can be done without all the ridicule you see in the vid.

You didn't hurt me, I'm just saying that you're not right about playability, playtesting and other related things.

Oh, I see. Well, of course the statements about playability were my opinion and experiences of course. I have to mention that slaughtermaps are not my cup of tea in general - I play such maps sometimes, but I rarely have the patience for them.

I've enjoyed watching your Doom videos for awhile now, but didn't have a Doomworld account until just recently. Wanted to give a word of encouragement. Am excited for the ZDoom portion as there are some interesting maps in that set.

Don't worry about not beating Demonologist's map. I played it and was sure it was impossible until I saw John Suitepee get through it on his Twitch stream.