Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been low on ideas lately but today I finally managed to finish one map. As usual, it is inspired by a wad I played - joe-ilya's Doom 0 in this case. Enjoy.

Interesting map. I can recognize joe-ilya-isms in aesthetics, but I believe this map has a better sense of progression than standard joe-ilya's maps (less of hectic-chaos-spam), and even the visuals and atmosphere "feel" less random and more pro. Am I biased to say it? Anyway, an enjoyable level.

i have to disagree with scifista here, this feels like a parody of joe-ilya's work rather than inspired by it. I've played some maps from joe that are much more fun than this, too, which only adds to the feeling of making fun of him rather than an homage (regardless of whether it was the intention)

I didn't really enjoy playing this map

Confession: I myself wonder if I could say something different about the map, if I thought joe-ilya authored it himself. I realized that I'd probably claim it to be ugly and linear. Maybe I'd add that it's less crazy than usual, that the combat and progression are somewhat okay (better than usual), and that the music choice actually works this time. Posting this just to be fair. I don't want to be hypocritical, I share my impressions as I feel them, and if I get as much influenced by knowing the author, it has to happen subconsciously - and I'm sorry for it, if it's actually true.

Memfis said:

Plot twist: joe made this map.

Now I like it.

Wait, I still don't.