Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xaser

[Compo] Battle of the Bits does Doom II

Thanks for explaining the problem on BotB, and for providing a fix. I was about to do it myself, but I don't see a point now.

I played your map last night. I thought the setting and atmosphere were excellent - it really imparts a sense of location - and great use of light and shade. I'd like to know what happens next - more please!

Was the deadline actually prolonged by one week and results by 3 weeks, or did the counter just get crazy?

Also, where's your map, Jimmy? Post it here, please. :) I would be glad to play the other maps too, but don't really want to register, at least yet.

EDIT: I've played brightentayle's map, which he linked in his comment. It was a pretty badly balanced one, too many worthless skippable encounters of barons and even cyberdemons. The custom textures clashed with ugly stock ones quite strongly. Fortunately the map was short enough to be quickly skimmed through. Thanks to that fact, I didn't dislike it - but it was nothing much.

Great compact layout and nice map, Jimmy, as pretty much always. I liked the freedom in movement. I was only slightly confused about what and where has changed upon activating switches.

Is it now an official rule that non-MAP01 music from Doom 2 is allowed?

Also, again, what's with the deadline for submitting maps? Is it today as was planned, or does one week still remain?

Guest Unregistered account

Hey, I uploaded a map a few days ago. I'll post a link soon, but it's gonna have to wait. (On BotB, it's called Trapped in Corpses.)