Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 12 - The ticket to cool

Previous session.

Alright Doomworld forum superstars, the next session is slanted for Sunday the 23rd NZ time: that's the weekend after this one folks! I'm currently having difficulty with getting internet, but message me on Skype if you're new to the sessions and I'll respond when I can: look for Obsidian from New Zealand with the skull cube avatar. Theme suggestions for the sessions are very welcome. Peace.

Good question, what's the exact time?

The weekend around 22nd/23rd November is unfortunately yet another of the weekends when I don't have so much free time, and I might not be able to make it.

walter confalonieri said:

Again on 2 PM NZ Time? Why not starting on 12 am like the older days?

12AM would be midnight where I am. :P I did try holding them at 10am for a while to accommodate the European Doomers, but honestly it was an awkward time and trying to hold a Skype call on the one day where everyone wants to sleep in is a bad idea. :)

Breezeep said:

Then, when this pack is released on idgames, people will hate it. ._.

3 guesses which particular pack of schmucks are doing it, and the first 2 guesses don't count. :P

An update: I may possibly have committed myself to seeing the Rolling Stones on the weekend, so the call may possibly be delayed to the next day or cancelled altogether. But come on, it's the Rolling Freaking Stones! I'll update when I get more information.

scifista42 said:

Postpone it to the next weekend, please, that's just a wish of mine.

I am considering it, although I have received word that we might be getting back home from the concert very early Sunday morning. Mind you I'll probably be too zonked out to map properly, so there is that. :P I'll get back to you on that.

Bear in mind, though, next weekend is Thanksgiving. People stateside have burgers to eat.

Well, more burgers than usual.

Welp, the session is going to be postponed until the 30th: I'll probably be out of commission considering the concert and more people will be able to make the session if it's held on Thanksgiving. Hope this doesn't inconvenience people too much. :)

The 30th is my birthday. Though providing it's early enough, I should still be able to make it. :P

Also here's a theme suggestion: make a birthday map for Jimmy. :V :V :V

Just in case you don't get the Skype message I sent you, Obsidian:

I'm still super on for this.

I may or may not be accidentally around. If the theme involves towers, then Xaser-attendance is mandatory. :P

THE THEMES ARE:

1. Use as many water flats as possible.

2. Have an exit filled with Arch-Viles and textured with FIREBLU.

3. Predominantly use circular sectors.

GOGOGO!

Hurray! I made it in time!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ma0zb7

Map name: Dark Device
Build time: 2 hours + a few minutes selecting music, importing custom textures and then deleting all of the textures :)
Format: Boom
Music: "RYGAR4B.mid" from vgmusic.com
Textures: Only stock D2 ones
Difficulty settings: Yes (And distinct! UV is very difficult, HMP too, but less so, HNTR should be bearable.)
Coop: Yes
Deathmatch: Yes
But other than that, the map is short and nothing much.