Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
didy

B/\|_||-|/\|_|S

didy said:

sorry, but I don't understand your prob, thanks for the pic, but it doesn't tell me much - did I miss something?

Here it is in doom builder, with an arrow showing where I went:

The gap behind the chess pieces is wide enough for doomguy to go through before they have lowered.

kmxexii said:

i think that map04 will frustrate players due to its division into what i can only describe as layout puzzle boxes

I added E.X.I.T. characters in front of each door to make it more clear

mouldy, thanks, I fixed it

The maps are rather easy, my health never dropped below 60% during playthrough on UV (though this was probably because I lucked out the cyberdemon - there was a long pause before he began firing). The maps were a bit frustrating to navigate, especially Map04. The biggest problem were those blue circular lifts, because it is not apparent which switch activates/lowers which lift. Essentially, I had to run around the map like headless chicken and check all the lifts whenever I flipped some switch. Maybe some visual cues wouldn't hurt here.

Caleb13 said:

...The biggest problem were those blue circular lifts, because it is not apparent which switch activates/lowers which lift. ... Maybe some visual cues wouldn't hurt here.

Actually I was thinking about using a recolored red health bonus on the lifts or to use different colors for the lifts, thanks, for your impression

didy said:

and ... yes Katamori, the builing which you like so much is just an illusion - it is too far away ... you know what I mean...you got it, thanks (it is exactly what I wanted)

That was perfect then. I really loved that.

Also, the other vids:

Thanks a lot for the vids, Katamori. It was funny when you said in map02 that the paintings are shit ;). Indeed, with map03 I changed the design from beeing realistic to abstract. The bauhaus-skull in map03 and in the interpic isn't from me.

Obviously, problems are in map04, it can be too confusing. I should implement more/better indications which show where things are. Someone else was complaining about this. For example, after you stepped on a lift, you were going the way back instead of going forward. So, your vids (map04) helped me to find out, where I can/should do something. Thanks again (btw I am male).

Seele00TextOnly and I played through this in coop yesterday. I had a lot of fun!

I think it's possible to get trapped in MAP03's first 'exit' room in coop, if you take the teleport back to it before it's been opened up.

MAP04 got both of us pretty confounded; we spent a lot of time wandering around trying to figure out where to go. There was still a lot of neat stuff going on, but I could tell it definitely wore on Seele, more than it did me.

I quite like the aesthetic you've gone for in this; it's an attractive style I don't think I've seen in Doom before, and combined with the interestingly unorthodox level design it helps create a pretty unique experience.

So I've finished it. Very beautiful levels, the combination of Doom sectors and Bauhaus aesthetics works marvelously. (And that MAP04 exit room was gorgeous.)

Definitely a very puzzly level set, lots of switch hunting. I lost a lot of time especially on MAP02 and MAP04; in MAP02 because I had forgotten about one of the red doors after finding the red key, and in MAP04 because I had overlooked the 'E' switch, believing for some reason I had already activated it when I hadn't. (That might have been caused by dying a reloading a save, now that I think about it.)

Anyway it was a very cool level set. And it's nice to see advanced effects like translucent windows or pulsing lights outside of full-on ZDoom levels. :)

esselfortium, I forgot to say that the maps are for single player only. I am sure that there are more problems when played in coop (i.e. the fake bridge in map02). As for map04, I will make it a bit more clear. Combining the clear and modern bauhaus-art with doom was challanging sometimes, but I had my fun with it.

Gez, the missing third red door in map02... the same happened to Katamori. Maybe it is a bit too much of switch hunting, especially because in map04 you don't get keys and have to activate a switch for the letters instead. I think the soul sphere puzzles make it puzzly, too.

I gathered, but it worked out alright anyway. We fairly regularly play non-coop-friendly wads, just enabling cheats on the server to work around any game-breaking bugs that are encountered. Midtexture bridges are inevitably a bit wonky in multiplayer, but that's pretty standard. I'm pretty sure the only real coop-breaking problem we encountered was the one mentioned on MAP03.

didy said:

Thanks a lot for the vids, Katamori.

You're welcome; as I said, I've been the fan of your maps for a very long time (mostly since Axiom and Dubai) - back in the day, I even made a vid about Dubai too.

It was funny when you said in map02 that the paintings are shit ;).[...] bauhaus-skull in map03 and in the interpic isn't from me.

They are not as bad actually, I just rather prefer proper paintings. But they were perfect to that house.

Thanks again (btw I am male).

Honestly? I'm not surpised. :D

However, I have to say, you're kinda mad - I mean, I tried that map you said you cut out from the final version, and that was amazing as well!

wow, i can't download this at all. can someone please upload to this to /idgames? i, like an IDIOT, downloaded the installer because i could find no direct link to the wad. now i'm getting video adware for a dvd boxset of "good times" every time i click a link. im so stupid.

SirBardCat said:

wow, i can't download this at all. can someone please upload to this to /idgames? i, like an IDIOT, downloaded the installer because i could find no direct link to the wad. now i'm getting video adware for a dvd boxset of "good times" every time i click a link. im so stupid.

Yep, I refuse to run an exe to download a file - there's no benefit, and massive risk. Someone - please upload.

Never mind - somehow, one of the obnoxious download links points directly to the wad. I really wish sites would stop that shit.

Du Mhan Yhu said:

yeah, thats the one i tried. still took me to an exe "installer".
maybe its different for everyone? i dunno. really any file sharing site would be better than whatever it's hosted on now. really wanna play this! ...after i spend the next 2+ hours removing this adware from my computer. :(

Upload this to some legit hosting site! I am not going to run the instaler. Maybe the author is scammer and just made this wad to lure people on the adware?

Sokoro said:

Upload this to some legit hosting site! I am not going to run the instaler. Maybe the author is scammer and just made this wad to lure people on the adware?

No, and you are an idiot, but I nonetheless agree this should be on idgames.

Nah, I do not actualy think he is scammer. I just wrote it to force some reaction from him, but he does not seem to care, perhaps because he is not reading the thread anymore?

@SirBardCat
>...after i spend the next 2+ hours removing this adware from my computer. :(
sorry about that, but I am not responsible for this

@kb1
> ...I really wish sites would stop that shit.
nobody likes those stupid things...

@Jaxxoon R
> Congrats on making Cacowards runner up!
thanks

@Sokoro
> Upload this to some legit hosting site! I am not going to run the instaler.
Don't use an installer. I am looking for a better upload side. Please wait an hour...
> Maybe the author is scammer...
I am lightyears away from those things.

@Gez
> ...this should be on idgames
today or tomorrow I'll upload on idgames

I only changed some minor things in one room in map04 (and map01) because some had problems to find the way (thanks again, Katamori, your vids, they helped).

oh thanks, I was reading cacowards and I was a bit anoyed that I could not download every mentoined pwad in the articles. Sorry for being an ass.
It seems cool on the youtube video posted in the thread, looking forward to play it.

Hey didy, I tried your "lost" MAP03 you posted to me. You definitely should add that one to the main WAD as well! That map was also great!

Great map pack, I loved the ending.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the resources (textures and such)? Especially the trees and foliage.

katamori, I abandoned this map because I think it doesn't fit that good to bauhaus-style. It is not lost... one day.. don't know.

Steinmetz, I was using various texture packs (all are on idgames-archive, I think): avp2tex, darkforces, bloodrpb1, dukeres, dark2tex, erattex1, hltctex, nmtext1, mlcetex, nb_silv, nb5texd2, txgray, retres. Some of them I have overworked and a few are done by myself.
The trees are from Shitbag (trees.wad). I don't remember where I found them, very likely on this forum.

bauhaus is uploded on the archive

I like this wad a lot.The best word to describe for me would be sleek.Clean lines,and great gameplay.Congrats on being a Caco Awards runner up.

Thanks for the review, kmxexii, (I wish my english would be better). Interesting that you show a pic of the museum 'Bauhaus-Archiv' in Berlin. I have seen the same pic and it forced me to do a map by using the building as an inspiration. This map isn't in bauhaus.wad, - I already posted on the first page, but here is a better download-side: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ksufxnd31163e7b/bauhaus02abandoned.wad ,
pics:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/2e1e/ize5la3zr1836f3zg.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/d27e/934rs4ums6377i9zg.jpg

You mentioned utopia... indeed, this very intersting theme also is in my mind, or brutalist (which I didn't know before) and some more themes or going to a more classic doom theme... hmm
> I would love to see more in the future.
Unfortunately I don't have time in the next few months, but I hope to get a small experimental map done.