Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
barehoes

Doom 2 Real Metal music mod!

Hello doomworld. Today I present to you the wad that has taken over 5 hours of my time to create (I know it is not much). I have created a music mod that replaces the original Doom 2 MIDIs with real life metal songs! The bands included range from Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Megadeth, and Lamb Of God so yes it's the good metal! These songs are also all in MIDI format, so don't expect them to sound great. These were kept in traditional MIDI format to not only keep the file size small, but also to maintain the original vanilla doom feeling when playing. Even if you do not like metal or the bands included, a try wouldn't hurt. It is very fun to kill demons of hell along to some good ol' metal!

Songs included:
Megadeth - Hangar 18
Lamb Of God - As The Palaces Burn
Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls
Slayer - Angel of Death
Metallica - Sad But True
Lamb Of God - Redneck
Slayer - South Of Heaven
Megadeth - Symphony Of Destruction
Metallica - Seek and Destroy
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Pantera - This Love
Slayer - Dead Skin Mask
Slayer - Postmortem
Slayer - Raining Blood (PROBLEM WITH THIS IS IT REPEATS GUITAR ONLY)
Pantera - I'm Broken
Metallica - Fade to Black
BONUS SONGS:
Pantera - Cemetery Gates
Metallica - Creeping Death
Metallica - Some Kind of Monster(Intro)
Pantera - Regular People (Intermission)
Lamb Of God - Remorse is for the Dead (Text screen)

If some of your favourite songs or ones you feel should be included are left out, trust me I thought about adding it. The process I did to get MIDIs for these songs is not very effective. Basically I had guitar pro tabs for these songs in which I would then export as MIDI. Musicians will understand what I mean but basically some songs were not in the correct format as my version of guitar pro and thus I couldn't add songs like Peace sells, holy wars, walk, alot of lamb of god songs etc. But I still think this is a great list!

DOWNLOAD LINK

dammit, here i was thinking i was doing something original. >_>
to be fair, I looked through his song list and I would say more then 70% of it are those crazy death metal bands that have guitars tuned as low as a bass. they just don't sound good with doom since most of doom's music was in E standard. In my list, the lowest a song goes is Im Broken and thats only D flat. These songs sound really cool when you play the game.