Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 17 - Comes with a free Frogurt!*

Link to last months session

Hey look, it is on idgames! Thank you for TGH for compilations!

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions strives to be a worldwide affair, but timing has had a tendency to be a DICK to European speedmappers.

This month will be different!

Session 17 will start at 15:00 GMT on April 18, 2015.
I am led to believe there was some time change like this past weekend, but it confuses me so here are the times I think it should convert to. Please alert me if I am wrong.

11 AM US Eastern time, 10 AM Central, April 18
6 PM Moscow time. (Get your buddies in on this Memfis), April 18
1 AM for Sydney, April 19

Skype contact is mionicdonut, if folks have questions. I will update thread at one week and 24 hour warnings.

This time is a bit experimental, and nonconventional for the US/AUS crowds that normally show up, so I want to see some matter of turnout from Europe in order to get more Euro-friendly sessions. So alert speedmapping friends from that area to get their ass into ASS.

If they give you any lip, tell them to just dewit.
-TMD

*doesnt actually come with a free frogurt.

No can do for this Australian, TMD. Have you entertained the idea of splitting the session in two for opposing time zones, perhaps summoning a dotted line to allow for the protection of the session's rule set between events? How else am I to get my free* Frogurt sample?

Assuming that by "GMT" you mean UK time (which will actually be on GMT+1 then due to daylight saving)

London (United Kingdom - England) -- Saturday, 18 April 2015 at 3:00:00 PM
Brisbane (Australia - Queensland) -- Midnight between Saturday, 18 April 2015 and Sunday, 19 April 2015
Boston (U.S.A. - Massachusetts) -- Saturday, 18 April 2015 at 10:00:00 AM
Moscow (Russia) -- Saturday, 18 April 2015 at 5:00:00 PM

If you actually mean 3pm GMT/UTC then add an hour to all those.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html -- learn to love it :)

Edit to add: the session is too late for this old man, but I'm OK with missing ASS from time to time to give the Europeans a shot :)

Hmm, I'm gonna have to get up early for this one, the session would start at 7:00 AM (I think) for me on a day where I usually sleep in until 10 AM :P

Alfonzo said:

No can do for this Australian, TMD. Have you entertained the idea of splitting the session in two for opposing time zones, perhaps summoning a dotted line to allow for the protection of the session's rule set between events? How else am I to get my free* Frogurt sample?

Or I could just hush hush everything. Only reveal the themes on Skype, and then compile both sessions after the later one is said and done.

I dunno. This one is going to be a wonky session, just prefacing/warning now. I am also in the midst of thesis writing stuff, so that will be a nutty weekend. I plan to have a bigger gameplan for this starting with session 18.

I may just do the split in two. I'll have a definitive response by the one week warning.

Is that 3AM for NZ? I could probably make that, but then again I have a healthy disrespect for regular sleeping patterns.

Obsidian said:

Is that 3AM for NZ? I could probably make that, but then again I have a healthy disrespect for regular sleeping patterns.

If donut meant 3PM UK time, then it is 2AM NZ time.
If he really meant 3PM GMT, then it is 3AM NZ time.

It's a bit like Schrodinger's Speedmapping Session, right now :)

Edited because I spell good!

Will be slightly unusual for me starting this at 11pm, but I should still be able to make it. :)

Nice, I should be available at that time and day.
Still not sure if that's 5 or 6 pm for me, for example I check the GMT time on this site and it says that it shows GMT but at the same time says GMT + 1, so like which is it... I hate timezones and I love this video.

TheMionicDonut, please post your reply today at the correct time when the session will be held, that way it should become clear for everybody in the world, because they'll see it as the forum time. Or if you cannot post at that exact time, at least say something like: "The time was 3 hours 20 minutes ago" in your next reply.

I teach class at that time Monday thru Thursday. So can't exactly do that. Will take the "the time passed" option.

It will start 47 minutes from now in 18 days.

Wow this is complex. :D :D :D

As soon as I figure out ftp on new Firefox it is going up.

Send donut a friend request beforehand (with some reference to ASS in it) and he'll invite you to the call when it happens.

At least, that's how it worked last time :)

TheMionicDonut said:

It will start 47 minutes from now in 18 days.

Wow this is complex. :D :D :D

OH so it'll start at 8 AM for me then. Excellent.

O: Oooh you guys did mention last time that there could be a change in the time to see what happens- I'll be up and all good, though I would be on mic anyway before, at least this time I don't have to be quiet as such!
Good to know it's a Saturday too- not at work then

One week left!
Start clamoring

Nope, it's not in /newstuff nor REJECTS. Donut must have gotten gamers.org mixed up with his favorite Thai pr0n site. ;)

That's all right, I FTPed it to /incoming on TMD's behalf a couple of minutes ago. Took the liberty to reformat the TXT a little so that the lines don't overflow the 80-char legacy limit — it will look better on the /idgames frontend too — and added Prboom-plus to "Tested with:"

TMD, watch yer email closely for the next couple of days. Better add thldrmnDELETE@THISgamers.org to your address book so that his verification email won't end up in Spam or something.

Was gonna participate, but I'm busy all day Saturday. Maybe I'll just join ASS18 whenever that comes around.

Xaser said:

I choose to believe that "Frogurt" means "frog yogurt."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that.

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGH What the fuck...
Apparently I can't partake in this now because I have to work Saturday. Nobody's fault but it's just...ugh...