Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

Consumed earth: 7 map community project(on IDgames!)

Will you join?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will you join?

• Yes
    • No

scifista42 said:

Haha. Maybe you take these "general good mapping principles" too literally, joe. Nitpicking a single small shell pickup... A single small shell pickup won't offend actual players, only nitpickers who seek imperfections instead of actually playing, I think.

There are like 4 small shell pickups.

And the worst scenario with them involves the player losing 3 shells if he had 47 (or 97) of them before picking up the ammo. That's still nothing too wrong, as opposed to losing whole 19 shells with a forced shellbox, or soulsphere when you have 150+ % health, etc.

I still think they should be removed, there are sergants afterwards anyways. If you'll fight for the right of these shells to exist, I won't care less.

Even though i hate you i will join, D_STALKS is mine, and my native MAP02. I'll call it Sewers. (That's already an XBOX doom map, but screw it)
EDIT: I'll call it "The Edge of The World"

5)40oz - D_STALKS
6)walter confalonieri - MAP02

Claim another slot and another MIDI.

EDIT:You're the ninth mapper! Now only MAP10 is left, so if anyone else wants to join he has to make MAP10 the way I want it, just look at the rule for MAP10.

New Concept:
Name = Middle Earth The Center of The Earth
MIDI = D_DOOM
MAP = MAP03

EDIT: Changed name because of Lord of the Rings. >:/

This lacks ammo, I found myself stuck with 5 spectres with a non-berserk fist, giving the player a chainsaw from the start will work.

joe-ilya said:

MAP03 is claimed too.

What if you rearranged the OP list by map slots (from MAP01 to MAP10, in format "map - midi - author"), for convenience? Looking up map slots / midi names somewhere on the right side of a variable length line isn't the most convenient arrangement.

Unfortunately I'm not changing that any time soon. Look for secrets. There's a berserk pack in the first secret btw, and a plasma rifle.

At least take into consideration that tight balance is uncomfortable and might lead to unfair situations when the player gets overwhelmed, which is not what the player seeks when playing a wad. And mandatory secrets to beat the map are a wrong design, IMO.

I know. I meant for it to be challenging and awarded finding secrets making the map easier but not making secrets mandatory. Infact it's suppose to be beatable without the secrets(and it is to my knowledge).

On the other hand, the maps joe made seemed to have a lot less health and ammo then mine, I worried mine would be to easy in its current state.

joe-ilya said:

You're the ninth mapper! Now only MAP10 is left, so if anyone else wants to join he has to make MAP10 the way I want it, just look at the rule for MAP10.

There are actually 2 slots left, one for MAP10 and another elsewhere.

EDIT:@Superluigieth1 Do you want to claim MAP05? It uses D_DOOM as default anyways.

Alright I'm going to give it a go if there are 2 slots left to fill. I don't know what my midi is going to be yet so I'll figure that out later.

joe-ilya said:

There are actually 2 slots left, one for MAP10 and another elsewhere.

EDIT:@Superluigieth1 Do you want to claim MAP05? It uses D_DOOM as default anyways.

sure.

Now don't hold me to this but I'm workin on something I may contribute so reserve a spot for me please ;)

Here is my forth and FINAL update for HK. It's got the usual fixes. I also moved around some items, and though I didn't want to, I took your advice and put a chainsaw in the level. (It's outdoors however)
I also put three Nine Inch Nails logo's as a joke/easter egg. (I was originally planning on nine)

More feedback is appreciated!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h10gkgd8b5k1700/hellsK.wad

@walter confalonieri : You forgot to fix the AV trap, and to include 40oz's map start as the exit.

Bleeding sector.

Another bleeding sector.

@nxGangrel Ammo balance is prefect, now just remove all the non-secret armors and keep 2 green armors that are far from each other.
Too much health outside, cut down on 2/3 of them.
The megasphere secret should be replaced by a soulsphere.
Get rid of drawseg overflows.
Put my map06's exit in your map's start, I'll include your map's start in my map's exit as well.
Your map could use keys instead of those fancy colorful liquid triangles.

This teleporter works only once, make it teleport endlessly.

Both sides have bleeding sectors.

Self-explanatory.

Why are these pads secrets? And why can you tag them twice?

Wierd door.

Little bleeding sector.

This lift should be more obvious that it's a lift.

@joe-ilya. Will fix the health count, bleeding sectors, armor things, and lift texture. For that door, I'll fix that too, and for the secret pads and double monster... I think I was drunk making that, but I'll fix that too.

The slip gate (teleporter) that worked only once I figured that that area wasn't necessary, so I made it work once. But I'll change it.

As for the "fancy triangles" they were the first thing I thought of before I worked on the map, I wanted it as a bit of a unique touch. I'm gonna keep them, even though they might be a bit out of place.

If you don't mind, I will also get rid of everything on easy difficulty.

scifista42 said:

There is a vertical trail in the sky on the left from the METAL pillar.

Yeah.

Should I make MAP10 myself? You have by tommorow to claim this slot.

scifista42 said:

There is a vertical trail in the sky on the left from the METAL pillar.

Thanks, i noticed it now! I'll see to fix them so!