Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

MAYhem 1500. 34 maps! Playtesting and stuff this month!

So whats it gonna be?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. So whats it gonna be?

• Gothic texture pack
    • NMN texture pack (1 or 2...its a mystery!)
    • UAC ultra texture pack

Capellan said:

Staircases and doors are both line-eaters. Doesn't mean you can't use them, but you should consider alternatives where you can.

Yeah, the 100 lines project helped me to learn where/when to conserve space, though a problem with this project is that we're granted so many lines that being frugal is somewhat arbitrary. Like right now I'm at ~500 lines with a decent outline completed--now do I go for making the map bigger, see where I can cut down on space, or use some lines to pretty-up the map? I felt like there weren't many options with just 100 lines so the creative process came easier to me, while here I'm kinda just paralyzed with fear.

Also, isn't GFALL supposed to animate? I want to use it in my map but it looks weird being immobile.

Yeah, I was forgetting Crucified Dreams used an ANIMATED lump since most of the new animations (inherited from GothicDM and SlaughterDM) just replace existing ones.

Since MAYhem is Boom compatible, all the animations may as well be made non-replacing. I'll upload a new version of the texture .wad with the changes tomorrow.

dobu gabu maru said:

right now I'm at ~500 lines with a decent outline completed--now do I go for making the map bigger, see where I can cut down on space, or use some lines to pretty-up the map?

I'd suggest figuring on 50/50 for layout vs detail as a starting point. For 100 lines I generally worked between 70/30 and 80/20, but that's a much more stringent limit to work in.

For IWAD-level detail (but probably better aligned and more focused), you could probably go to 1100-1200 lines of layout. The more snazziness you want though, the smaller the layout. With 500 lines of layout you should be really able to gussy it up if you switch to detailing now.

I still got plenty to work with (just got the layout finished and it's time to start making it look like an actual map)

Here's a new version of GothMash.

Changes
- Converted some flats left as .pngs to Doom flat format (thanks CorSair and Archi)
- Removed a bunch of duplicate patches
- Renamed the new animated textures, and added the old ones back in
- Added an ANIMATED lumps for the above
- Added a handful of textures from a development version of Crucified Dreams that weren't included in the final release
- Removed DMDIKCMP as it was erroneously included
- Merged in GothBord.wad (credits to Gothic) at the suggestion of Snakes and scifista42, though a few textures and flats were excluded. This includes the new animations (GothMash already has lavafall and waterfall textures) and the Egyptian stuff

Will update OP once I recover from the Marathon. Oh gosh.

Edits and composites are okay I guess. Stuff from other packs, not so much. New stuff is also iffy. I feel like I open a can of worms by saying yes to that.

joe-ilya said:

1 : Entrymay
2 : Undermays
3 : The maylet
4 : The focused may
5 : The may tunnels
6 : The may crusher
7 : May simple
8 : Tricks & Traps & May
9 : The pitty may
10 : May base
11 : O' of mayhem/Circle of map
12 : May the factory rise
13 : Maytown
14 : The inmost mays
15 : May zone
16 : Suburbian may
17 : The tenements where may is
18 : The mayard
19 : May's citadel
20 : Got may!
21 : Mayvana
22 : May's catacombs
23 : Barrels o' may
24 : Deep may
25 : May falls
26 : The abandoned may-ns
27 : May condo
28 : The may world
29 : The living may
30 : Icon of may
31 : Wolfenmay
32 : Big may
33 : Betrayed may

http://www.twitch.tv/tarnsmandw/c/6291630 @ 0:28

I'll be throwing a map in for this! I've got a small layout finished, complete with simple detail, and I'm under 1100 lines! The last 400 will go towards monster teleports and extra detail. Haven't touched the Gothic texture set yet, but I've been building with it in mind.

jmickle66666666 said:

map

Forgot to warn you during playtesting that the pinkie in the open blue key arena can pose a problem for infinite-height ports as it sees you early on, so you might have to get rid of it

Breezeep said:

A preview of things to come.

Ooh, very nice theme.

Drillbit Compression

PrBoom only CL-9
Music: Drillbit Compression by based Jmickle.
Build Time: 16 hours.
Textures: GOTHMASH
Version: 0.94

Things to do:

- Find a way to make it work in ZDoom.
- Get the RSKY1 in the file to work correctly as a 512 x 128 sky.

Since this Boom compatible, is it okay to add colour maps? I was thinking of adding some underwater sections.

No Mayhem!

Because i'm against this anti-democratic decision of using Gothic textures instead of using NMN textures, also if the poll results leave no shadow of doubt on the truthfulness of the facts, but i don't trust the facts because is all a conspiracy hold by mionicdonut since he's a NWO reptilian* or some shit like that, for this reason i decided to make a map for this project for screwing better the system from the inside!

In the meanwhile i put at fire some parts of the maps and crashed some doors, because i'm such a rebel and stuff.

* this isn't true at all

cl9, uses last version of gothmash, no new music

It was fun. Looks like some nice aggressive playing is possible when you know the map. I recommend putting block monster flag on the pillars with revenants because Boom has that annoying thing with enemies getting stuck on ledges.