Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg93

10 map dm wad

[Edit: Found some bugs, will remove from archives and reupload soon]

/me jizzes

Map04 is looking sweet man, and I really like map07 too! Keep up the good work on these, we NEED to play them asap :)

Doomkid said:

/me jizzes

There's MOAR maps to come

Doomkid said:

Map04 is looking sweet man, and I really like map07 too! Keep up the good work on these, we NEED to play them asap :)

I actually had quite a bit of fun making MAP07 lol

EDIT: Let me know if you think the weapon/item balance seems off or not. That is my biggest concern in the maps.

This build has 8 maps now! I also did more edits on some of the current maps :)

New MAPINFO, more midis, new skies, fixed texture offsets/item placement and other miscellaneous shit.

New title/intermission pics too (I'm going to have these edited because they look rather plain)

MAP08 sucks and isn't even original, it's been done before, oh so many times. The hanging doomkid texture is misaligned at zdaemon.
What ear rape on map02?

And you're misusing your own rules too, putting marble bricks in a spaceship, using the nukage stains with brown walls under a mossy tanned floor.

But this wad is not all bad stuff, I like the use of cables in MAP07, all the maps except for MAP08 and MAP01 are generally good by themselves.

A missing flat in MAP02 :

You're right about MAP08. It's a DWANGO-ish map to the max (Doomkid even nick named it "DWANGUS MAXIMUS). I re-sized it and I'm thinking about editing it with more corridors in efforts to improve gameplay. There is a possibility that railguns will be implemented in that map (this is just an experiment). If any of my attempts don't work out, then I will more than likely cut the map from the pack.

Check out the newly renovated MAP01. Some glitches have been fixed in a few other maps.

The soccer map got cut but I replaced it with a new map fresh out of the editor.

Download it and let me know what you think.

TheCupboard said:

These are pretty good I like the oldschool injection here. Keep up the originality.

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it. I put a lot of tender love and care into making these maps. Doomkid and Mr. Crispy from Odamex helped make a playtesting server called Westside Connection === OS-FFA-Testing 74.207.250.98:10657 I'll give him the latest contents of the wad so he can update the server. We usually playtest a few times a week and you are more than welcome to join us. We're also on Quakenet.com IRC Channel #DMstuff and #Odamex

The new map is much better than the soccer one :) I can't wait til all the final little bits are ironed out. This is gonna be a really fun one!

Doomkid said:

The new map is much better than the soccer one :) I can't wait til all the final little bits are ironed out. This is gonna be a really fun one!

Oh yeah without a doubt it is much better than the soccer stadium map. I just need to make 1 more and then I should be pretty much done!

This will be uploaded to /idgames once I get a CREDITS (F1 pitcure) and custome texture.

So apparently when Doomworld made a hosting change we lost a few posts on this thread. The WAD is all done and it's uploaded to /idgames.

Justince said:

These look positively great! If I have another LAN event coming up I'll get these into the roster.

Thank you! We actually have a server up on Odamex, but if we can get more servers on multiple source ports that would be great :)

Jaxxoon R said:

These look pretty great. Simple, but visually appealing and elegant.

Thanks! I like to keep my maps simple