Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > The Underworld Cometh
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doom II Guy

Alright, cool. DAMN! I could play your first level 50 more times! It's by far one of the best overall I've played, nice job.

Old Post 06-04-02 23:31 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Wow, i thought it was one of the most simple, actually...

Old Post 06-04-02 23:32 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom II Guy

Oh, if I may point out a few suggestions...
1) Ever consider adding a health on the little safe spot where there are all those mini-jump rock things? I think you should
2) The very end of the level where the Revenant is, his head is cut off, he doesn't fit just right. If you could raise the ceiling without messing anything else up...

Old Post 06-04-02 23:34 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom II Guy

Simple, yeah. But I love the level design.

Old Post 06-04-02 23:36 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Yeah, it's definitely a good idea to put a hold on releasing too much more, especially releasing to /newstuff, until you have an entire episode done.

For starters, it can sort of ruin the continuity if they're playing one at a time, and then waiting a month or however long it takes for the next one...

However, releasing a "teaser" level can be good, it gets people interested in your project.

Old Post 06-05-02 00:23 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike

Cheers for the feedback, folks.

Jay's pc has suffered a few problems, so it might take us that little bit longer to get map08 finished... i'm still trying to find inspiration for 07 tho... argh.

Old Post 06-05-02 21:33 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Spike said:
I'm still trying to find inspiration for 07 tho... argh.

Something with giant pentacles and dissapearing walls. E1M8 style. That would fit nicely with the theme.

Old Post 06-05-02 21:49 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Little Faith

And make for a kick-arse story not to forget.

Old Post 06-05-02 21:50 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom II Guy

Am I the only one who doesn't give a rat's ass about the story? I guess so

Old Post 06-05-02 21:52 #
Spike

Ok, i've had a few ideas for map07.

A blood red cavern lined by a crimson river leads you down a twisting cave. At it's exit, you stand on a rocky balcony overlooking the River Styx. The banks of the river are flanked by hell-cathedrals (i've been studying some church architecture and i think i can pull off some really cool-looking circular stained glass ceilings). The exit is blocked by floodgates along the river that are opened via key-doors.

LF - your suggestions are duly-noted, as i don't doubt that there's no end of uses for pentagram structures within a satanic cathedral :)

D2G - i don't mind if you don't want to read the story, but it's running alongside the levels so i want to make enviroments i can write about...

Old Post 06-05-02 22:01 #
Little Faith

You don't need to know anything about the story to get the full enjoyment of the levels. They are basically just normal Doom2 levels, with extra many coloured torches so they look nifty in Jdoom.

Old Post 06-05-02 22:10 #
Spike

Pah, i was hoping my maps were just a little 'above average'...

Only joking dude. Criticism is welcomed with open arms (and knife-laden hands, perhaps ;)).

Old Post 06-05-02 22:36 #
Spike

Oh man - no wonder i don't get any work done. I spend all my bloody time posting.

Old Post 06-05-02 23:05 #
Little Faith

When i said that your wads were normal it was no normative remark.

I just meant that they were good solid no-nonsense Doom2 maps without any weird effects or obtrusive storyline features to clutter the line.

Old Post 06-05-02 23:05 #
Spike

Aaaaaah i see now. Cheeeeaaaars dudey.

I never could care for the whole 3d bridge lark (absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they don't work in jdoom, not at all... *choke*).

Old Post 06-05-02 23:07 #
Doom II Guy

Well, yeah if you include a story I will read it. But I usually don't find myself getting into the stories too much, I'm all for the levels.

Old Post 06-06-02 00:53 #
Spike

D2G - it's on the 'Fan Work' forum, entitled 'The Underworld - Portal of Hades' and 'The Underworld - Blood Keep'.

Old Post 06-06-02 18:13 #
Little Faith

And it's pretty good.

Old Post 06-06-02 19:24 #
Vampirajay

hey all, the first episode of the underworld should be finished very very soon, both me and Spike are working on the last two levels now, I would say they should be finished in about two weeks (if that)

Old Post 06-08-02 18:36 #
Vampirajay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom II Guy

hey ummm....Spike's wife (name?)I've playtested your wad and I like what I see so far. Was it level 9 or 10? Oh well, they were both good.

Old Post 06-08-02 22:26 #
Spike

Yay! She be my beeeeeeotch :)

Old Post 06-09-02 13:15 #
Vampirajay

Doom II Guy said:
hey ummm....Spike's wife (name?)I've playtested your wad and I like what I see so far. Was it level 9 or 10? Oh well, they were both good.

Hey D2G, Thanks, it's level 9. Any other comments? I am half way through 8 now, so it should not be long! oh yeah, my name is Jay!

P.S. Spike, watch what you say, or I hurt you ;)

Old Post 06-09-02 14:38 #
Vampirajay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike

IT'S FINISHED! IT'S BLOODY FINISHED!

now we get to have a week off before we start on EpII... ZZZzzzzz...

Old Post 06-19-02 00:02 #