Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not really a rant but a curious thought- more of a request really...
Would it be possible for map makers to post a screenshot or two when it comes to posting their stuff?
Often I see threads that post a map or small map set, with a bit of info or sometimes lots of info...but no shots of what the map looks like.
Many including myself go by a glimpse of pictures and seeing something that catches my eye is more likely to get my attention over a random thread with nothing to show, which is more likely in some cases to just be swept away.
Does your map look amazing or you wanna show off that awesome texture work? DO IT!

..thoughts?

Well it would depend on the project at hand, but so many threads of releases just have a bit of info and a link. If a game didn't have screenshots would you play it anyway just on name alone? It's not hard to do anymore, just take a screenshot with engine of choice and upload it! It can take less than a second to see a post with nothing to show and move on, but even just one screenshot halts your attention and gathers more interest!

When I take screenshots for my own threads I sometimes show things that aren't the best pics because I want you to play it and see the sights for yourself. Other times it's no screenies because I'm either too lazy or it's a secret :S

14k modems are dead, long live fiber optic cable. Post the screenshots. No screens, no interest.

I have to agree with you FuzzballFox. Even if it's just the entrance hall, a screenshot can provide me with insight into the map before I even download it. Screenshots can sometimes reveal how experienced the mapper is. Of course, there's a chance that a screenshot might misrepresent its WAD (for better or worse), but generally, they are a decent way of judging what the WAD will involve and how polished it will be.