Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demo_the_man

DooM the tei-tenga incident(doom bible mod)

Welcome to doom the tei-tenga incident, a mod that is currently aiming to be the first completed doom bible modification. After almost a year of hard work, i think it is time to upload a forum topic to the doom world forums.
I hope that everyone will enjoy this mod.

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/?20o540s9eaqkur9
USE THE DOOM 1 IWAD and latest GZDoom test build
ZDoom forum topic
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46541
Current Credits
WILDWEASEL(WW_Alphahud)
Sgt Shivers
The kzid team(basic organization structure, some textures and code)
dusk
Realm667(smasher code, grenades,some textures,assorted other things.)
Zdoomcomp 2 take 2 team( for the rifle, and some textures)
Voxel Vehicles
Sodaholics DOOM Evil unleashed texture stock.
yukihaze (current hud)
fellowzdoomer organization structure help level design
Tiberuim soul, for the marksman rifle and the pistol
Iron maiden. Development music

Are there meant to be <!> signs hanging from the ceiling the second you leave the first room of episode 1?

I am using the latest zdoom and the doom1 iwad.

EDIT: Oh its a Gzdoom thing, didnt know...

Also who did the midi track of hallowed be thy name, its awesome!

This looks pretty cool!

Tompig said:

Are there meant to be <!> signs hanging from the ceiling the second you leave the first room of episode 1?

EDIT: Oh its a Gzdoom thing, didnt know...

Yeah, that's like a "resource missing" marker or whatever for GZDoom.

In the character select screen, John "Petro" Pietrovich's name is misspelled.

I found it funny that after spending a frew minutes looking up the Doom Bible characters to see who I wanted to be, the game crashed upon starting the episode. Will attempt to play again, though, looks cool.

demo_the_man said:

Your crashes could be becuase you are not using the most up to date SVN build of gzdoom, as i am using nash's quake tilt strafe code
http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

I think that's right. After the mod crashed, I updated my GZDoom to the lastest build and it worked fine. Thanks for the follow up. After getting to try it more, it's a lot of fun and very atmospheric!

Question (apologies if it's already been addressed) - does the automap feature in the upper-right work? And is there the possibility of having a "helmet HUD" like what's shown in some of the Doom pre-release versions?

The helmet hud is still work in proggress, as it really is too obtrusive to the players view. (besides it was an idea by tom hall to increase framerate by not having to show the parts of the map that where behind it) What you see in the screenshots is actually parts of the 0.2/0.3 helm hud. And making an automap that works like the 0.3 one would require nash level coding.
Also loreli chen and thi barret both have diffrent starting loadouts. Loreli chen has a 3-round burst pistol, and thi barret has a prototype assault carbine

This is one of the best looking Doom Bible mods I've seen out there, hope it actually gets completed. Cool stuff!

First of all, my apologies for the thread necro, but I only got wind of this mod a couple of days ago and went investigating. I believe the necro is warranted though, since the version offered here is Alpha 5 and the one on ZDoom is Beta 4, but the one on ModDB:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doomthe-tei-tenga-incident/downloads

is Shareware Edition v2, a reworking of the existing missions into an episodic, final-game format with a couple of fixes.

Now, since the last updates in these threads date from 2016, one might think the project is dead. However, the release of Shareware Edition v2 is from this year, I thought I'd ask. @demo_the_man, is this project still being worked on? Would you consider making a community effort out of this and try to get it finalized?