Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tmorrow

Going Down MAP23 6 Missing Monsters

MAP23 is one of my favourite maps in the Going Down wad (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/gd.zip).

When I participated in the testing of the wad last year it seemed to play correctly (http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1306879). It seems to have broken between the beta I tested and go live since it seems that 6 monsters (5 imps and one hellknight) are not summoned correctly in the final release. I've tried in both prboom-plus2.5.1.4.test and in zdoom2.7.1 with the same result.

It is possible that I have forgotten/missed a trigger point though so I thought I'd ask the experts, are you able to complete this map with 100% monsters or are you left with 6 missing?

I had a look on doomedsda for demo's but unfortunately none have been submitted yet.

I actually discovered this the other day when trying to max all the maps. Its because I accidentally broke a teleporter with the most recent version.

I was hoping no one would notice but maybe I should update it? It will annoy me otherwise...

Since there have not been any speed runs submitted for map23, I can't see why anyone would object to a bug fix, especially if you are able to avoid breaking existing speed demos for other maps.

I'd certainly like to see this map fixed.

BTW did you notice any other problems with any other maps?

Yes, there is a possibility to get stuck in map25, and a bugged trap in map26 which I ought to fix. There's also a pesky hellknight in map15 who wakes up when he shouldn't. I think I also found a problem with map14 where a monster can get stuck.

So with this map23 problem I think there is enough to warrant an update. I'll try and sort it out this week.

Well I for one welcome the bug fixes for Maps14,15,23,25,26. I think this wad needs more love than it's gotten so far. I look forward to the next release.