Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Best wads people ever played ( sequel to huge doom levels)
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
magikal
May he rest in peace

cph said:

Personally I like megawads but avoid TCs. There's a whole world of difference.

And yes, MM rocks - not the most pretty by today's standards but some of the cleverest gameplay around.

Gotta agree:)

Old Post 06-07-02 15:15 #
magikal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

cph said:

Well if you don't like being corrected then use the right term in the first place? ;-)

Because back when people first started to make wads that replaced all the levels, they were universally known as "TCs," but then some smartass decided that it would be better to just call them megawads and save the word TC for something that actually did replace every single part of the game. So basically, I'm used to calling everything a TC, because that's what they used to be called.

Most people know the difference, and understand what you mean when you say "Memento Mori is a great TC." Sorry if you don't fit that bill.

Old Post 06-07-02 19:54 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sirjuddington
Slade doesn't mean what it used to

The Darkening episodes 1 & 2 are both quite good. Thats all I can think of, most of my other fav wads/tcs/pcs are already mentioned here.

Old Post 06-08-02 08:08 #
sirjuddington is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathbringer
Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

uhhhhhh

I just finished the updated zombies TC for EDGE,and really enjoyed it (just dont expect good levels though!). it can be got at www.doomworld.com/immoralconduct and you'll need the original zombies TC for it to work

Old Post 06-08-02 23:16 #
deathbringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Best wad ever? Only one winner....

Plutonia!!!!

(Other favourites include Cleimos 2, Infinity, Eternity, Serenity, Dawn of the Dead and 1kill.wad)

Old Post 06-09-02 11:26 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

i tried eternity , serenity and cliemos 2 but not infinity, i also recommend jcm216.wad its a good episode

Old Post 06-09-02 15:00 #
hypr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Batman doom!

Old Post 06-09-02 16:14 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fen boi

You should check out kurt keslers maps, his kboom and kzdoom series has some great looks/gameplay.

Old Post 06-09-02 18:19 #
fen boi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

what site are his wads at, does this guy have a particular site?

Old Post 06-10-02 13:41 #
hypr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Although not my absolute favorite, It is right there near the very top of the list.

Funny not many people around here mention it. Doubt I am the only one that likes it.

Enigma, 9 levels, by Jim Flynn, of Eternal Doom etc., etc.

A++ levels.

Old Post 06-11-02 04:00 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Invasion, Dark7, Invasion2, Vengeance, STRAIN, MM 1 and 2,
Vrack 1 and 2.

Old Post 06-11-02 04:14 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathbringer
Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

uhhhhh

I just finshed dark 7 too, and found it awesome!..the final battle wouldve been a better challenge if the archviles had lived though ^-^, still, its finally one of those "good" zdoom wads that isnt totally impossible and can be finshed without cheating (unlike hell factory, temple, paranoia and all the rest...but maybe thats cause i always play on UV XD)

Old Post 06-13-02 22:18 #
deathbringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

maybe u should put some links so ppl could play them if they haven't or if theyr new

mm & mm2 av are the best ive played lately

Old Post 06-14-02 02:49 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

for some odd reason dark 7 doesnt work for me

Old Post 06-14-02 02:55 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Make sure you play it in ZDoom.

Old Post 06-14-02 03:00 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

i am

Old Post 06-14-02 16:03 #
The Ultimate DooMer

ravage: Make sure it's version 1.23 beta 33 you've got. If you haven't, that's probably why. (I had the same trouble) You can download it from http://zdoom.notgod.com/ftp

Old Post 06-14-02 21:46 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

i hope its not cuz i got zdoomdos thats the problem
my fav editor only works in dos

Old Post 06-15-02 16:41 #
The Ultimate DooMer

ravage: It could be, cos it's likely that the dos version you have is an earlier version than 1.23 beta 33, and as I had trouble running it on v1.22 it is probably that reason. I would download v1.23 beta 33 (windows) from the site mentioned on my previous post.

Old Post 06-16-02 00:49 #
Jugulator
Warming Up

Sorry for not really keeping to the subject but I got one little noob question coz I`m kinda new in playing mods and I didnt wanna make a new thread. Started with Doomsday but now I wonder how you play the other wads, with which programs?
Thx

Old Post 06-16-02 08:57 #
Jugulator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

i tried industrl.wad its prettty good but friggin massive , there was also i think compound.wad it was pretty huge also

Old Post 06-17-02 17:06 #
magikal
May he rest in peace

hypr said:
i tried industrl.wad its prettty good but friggin massive , there was also i think compound.wad it was pretty huge also

Hey thanks,how far did you get with Industrl.wad? You're right,it's friggin massive!

Old Post 06-17-02 18:04 #
magikal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

i got into the 2nd area but i havent had really much time to play it so i guess i got to play after my exams so prolly ill start on friday and try my best to beat it. it might be tommorow or thrusday time permitting.

Old Post 06-18-02 14:08 #
magikal
May he rest in peace

hypr said:
i got into the 2nd area but i havent had really much time to play it so i guess i got to play after my exams so prolly ill start on friday and try my best to beat it. it might be tommorow or thrusday time permitting.

If by the 2nd area you mean after the red key you're doing very well.Now you're in for some great battles!

Old Post 06-18-02 20:44 #
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Squadron 417 IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!

Old Post 06-25-02 14:34 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

the red key is hard to find tho i should plan this thourghly when i play the wad next time

Old Post 06-25-02 20:40 #
magikal
May he rest in peace

hypr said:
the red key is hard to find tho i should plan this thourghly when i play the wad next time

'fraid so, it's not meant to be easy:)

Old Post 06-26-02 04:41 #
hypr

i found a good level to play av24sp01.wad its pretty good i thought it was something about ailen vendetta about the 24th map

Old Post 06-26-02 14:40 #