Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Hell Revealed 2

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:31. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

I cant seem to find a copy of Hell Revealed 2. I tried searching around on my own but no luck. Does anyone happen to have a link?

Old Post 06-19-02 03:11 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

I say, for Hell Revealed, just bend over and "crack a smile" heheheeee. You asked for it.

Old Post 06-19-02 04:59 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

You probably did not find it, because it's not released yet. But there is a beta version.

Old Post 06-19-02 13:08 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster

/me smacks himself in the forehead.

Old Post 06-19-02 23:02 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Just a thought: when will HR2 be released?
Anyway, I've played the beta. I'm a little dissapointed so far, as the original's maps seemingly more fun to play through than the HR2 beta.

Old Post 06-23-02 14:20 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Hell Revealed 2 is HARD. At least the music wasn't as corny as the other one. IM SICK OF ROTT MUSIC!

Old Post 06-23-02 18:45 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster

Speaking of the original Hell Revealed, is this wad even remotely beatable on UV or do I just suck. Everything was going fine until I hit a level called "City in the Clouds" (Or something like that. I think it's map 9 or 10) I just cant make it past this map. There are tons of enemies and no place to hide. I ran around after using the "kill monsters" command in ZDoom to see if maybe I was missing some big secret but all I found was that the number and severity of enemies I am going to be up against is even worse than I thought.

Old Post 06-23-02 23:13 #
Lüt
Administrator

Assmaster said:
Everything was going fine until I hit a level called "City in the Clouds" (Or something like that. I think it's map 9 or 10)
Heh yeah a lot of the maps in that thing are just stupidly hard and worse than the average newbie maps, except this time there actually is enough ammo to make it through. But like you say, the layouts are pretty bad and it's usually just a matter of luck and excessive save & load tactics to make it through. Not really fun after 2 or 3 maps.

Old Post 06-24-02 00:48 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Unless I miss my guess, it was called "Hell Revealed" for a reason.
Yes, most of the maps are impossibly hard on UV (or any other difficulty for that matter, IMHO), but just look at some of the demos for HR and you'll see that it can indeed be done.
As for bad layouts, some of the levels, yes, but most of them aren't so bad.

Old Post 06-24-02 00:56 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster

Im just steamed because I figured that if I could get through Alien Vendetta on UV then I could make it through here also. Guess Im not the incredible doomer I thought I was.

Old Post 06-24-02 01:00 #
magikal
May he rest in peace

The levels of Hell Revealed can indeed be completed on UV but it's a major task in itself mastering most of them individually.The best start is to look at the Compet-N demos for routes and tactics and take it from there.It took me months just to master map22 for example.

Old Post 06-24-02 01:09 #
magikal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Psyonisis
This chair be high, says I.

If you thought those were hard, check out MAP32
:)

Old Post 06-24-02 03:40 #
Psyonisis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote