Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > WAD's and help!?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:20. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kim Kitten
Mods actually answer me

Liam the Bard said:
Heh, nice pathname there. IF you're using win98 then your Hard Drive is in FAT32 format and those spaces won't do. Try renaming 'Doom 1, 2, TNT, Final and Ultimate', to something short with no spaces, then give it another shot.

Nope, still doesn't work. What exactly should I be typing? I've been typing:- "C:\DOOM\Doom12TNTFinalUltimate\zdoom.exe -iwad Doom.wad"

Old Post 07-12-02 19:03 #
Kim Kitten is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Kim Kitten said:

Nope, still doesn't work. What exactly should I be typing? I've been typing:- "C:\DOOM\Doom12TNTFinalUltimate\zdoom.exe -iwad Doom.wad"

have your folder named something simple, like allgames. Your path name will then be:

C:\DooM\allgames\zdoom.exe -iwad Doom.wad

Old Post 07-12-02 20:50 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kim Kitten
Mods actually answer me

Ok, I've been experimenting with WadAuthor, and have hit a brick wall already, I can't get doors or stairs to work properly.

I can create a door, but instead of opening into the next room, there's just a wall behind it. And when I try to create stairs, there's just a wall where the stairs should be, or I get a weird graphics distortion.

This is the wad I'm playing around with, if you run it on Doom 2, you'll see what I mean. http://uk.geocities.com/kim_kitten14/file.htm

Old Post 07-12-02 22:54 #
Kim Kitten is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Kim Kitten said:
Ok, I've been experimenting with WadAuthor, and have hit a brick wall already, I can't get doors or stairs to work properly.

I can create a door, but instead of opening into the next room, there's just a wall behind it. And when I try to create stairs, there's just a wall where the stairs should be, or I get a weird graphics distortion.[/url]

I'll look at your file when I get a chance, but the brick wall sounds like your doorway (not the door itself) may not be connecting to the other room. The simplest way to make a door in WadAuthor is:

1. Create one room
2. Create another room nearby
3. Create a doorway that will connect these two rooms. Join one end of the doorway to the corresponding portion of the nearest room, and join the other end of the doorway to the other room. You now have a passageway between your two rooms.
4. Insert a sector in the doorway, and join the ends to the walls.
5. Select this sector and right click, select "Convert Sector to Door", and you should should be good to go.

Old Post 07-12-02 23:15 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

this post does not make sense. ignore it. hello pritch :P

Old Post 07-12-02 23:26 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

BTW, you guys would rip off your left arm to answer kim kitten's questions, wouldn't you?

Old Post 07-12-02 23:48 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
spank
I'm afraid of Americans

Hooray for the A/S/L brigade!

0026 <@schepe> if anyone else had ask what she did they would have got... "rofl" "strage graphic bug" and maybe "use the damn rockets loser"

Consider yourself flattered.

Also, I'd answer the questions, but that's already done.

Old Post 07-13-02 00:01 #
spank is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

o_O

Old Post 07-13-02 00:06 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

The way that I create a door is as follows:

Create 3 sectors, all joined up to one another. (all same height)

Change the ceiling height of the middle sector so it matches the floor.

Give the 2-sided linedefs the 'Local door: nSRe: open/close' property and choose a suitable door texture. (eg. bigdoor2). You now have a standard door.

(Once you've created one, it's a good idea to create a copy of it somewhere on your map, so you can create more doors simply by copying and pasting)

Old Post 07-13-02 00:49 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Or you can get DeepSea and use the "make door from sector" command. :P

What if software archaeologists unearthed levels from the original DooM 1 that had somehow been lost and never made it into the original release of DooM? Project Doom the way id did explores what those levels might look like.

Old Post 07-13-02 01:02 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kim Kitten
Mods actually answer me

Ok, I think I've got the door and stairs things worked out now, I think I was orienting the steps wrong, and putting in too many.

But, a couple of rooms, now I need to figure out how to manipulate the 'decor'. :)

http://uk.geocities.com/kim_kitten14/file.htm (Test 2)

Old Post 07-13-02 01:10 #
ReX

Hellbent said:
Or WadAuthor, and use the "Convert Sector to Door" command. Isn't that what I said in my post?

Old Post 07-13-02 01:11 #
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Kim Kitten said:
You guys are gonna be getting pissed off with me soon, lol.

Ok, I just tried to join an online game, but my game screen ended up looking like this - http://uk.geocities.com/kim_kitten14/error2.htm - any ideas?

If it is ZDaemon then use the command line "-noptc" in extra options in the launcher.

Old Post 07-13-02 01:18 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
JoelMurdoch
Should know better by now

Kim Kitten said:
You guys are gonna be getting pissed off with me soon, lol.

Ok, I just tried to join an online game, but my game screen ended up looking like this - http://uk.geocities.com/kim_kitten14/error2.htm - any ideas?

As Liam said, ZDaemon is not the most reliable piece of code in the world. On my machine it goes down more often than a two dollar hooker and it's got latency which brings back memories of the days when you loaded games off cassettes. Last I heard someone was working on a new version, possibly with PRBoom as a base so you might be better off waiting for that than trying to solve the problems this one has.

Old Post 07-13-02 01:21 #
JoelMurdoch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kim Kitten
Mods actually answer me

Haha, ok, I've got the first few rooms done on the 'game' I've been wanting to work on for ages, it's just a taster remember, but feedback is cool :)

http://uk.geocities.com/kim_kitten14/file.htm (Crusade)

Old Post 07-13-02 03:45 #
Lobo
Forum Regular

I have a complaint about your site :-(

It's obviously done for people with a screen resolution greater than 800x600, although lots of people still use that resolution.

Anyway, the point is that people who use less than this can't see the text because the menu is covering it!! Just thought you should know.

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 07-13-02 09:35 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Lobo said:
I have a complaint about your site :-(

It's obviously done for people with a screen resolution greater than 800x600, although lots of people still use that resolution.

Everybody who still uses 800x600 at his free will (i.e. not forced by crappy hardware) should be lapidated.

Old Post 07-13-02 12:26 #
Kim Kitten
Mods actually answer me

Lobo said:
I have a complaint about your site :-( It's obviously done for people with a screen resolution greater than 800x600, although lots of people still use that resolution.

Yeah, it's made for a screen size of 1024x768, there's not really too much I can do about it I'm afraid - I honestly prefer it the way it is, setting my monitor to 800x600 kills me eyes.

Old Post 07-13-02 13:02 #
Naked Snake

Liam the Bard said:
::cries::

I'm Liam.

::laughs::

And I'm Andy. Anyway, Crusade is ok for a first try :)

Old Post 07-13-02 14:02 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

bigbadgangsta said:
Anyway, Crusade is ok for a first try :)
As a learning level in which to sharpen your skills it's ..... adequate. So far you've gotten the hang of basic room-type sectors, doors, lighting, and columns. Now on to windows, stairs, outdoor areas, lifts, sectors at different heights, etc. Also, unless it's a deathmatch map, remember to include an exit.

The texturing looks like .... how do I put this delicately? ..... lizard guano that's been baking in the hot sun before being trampled by a herd of frenzied elephants. I'm sure you were just experimenting, but one early lesson is to define a theme (e.g., tech-base, hellish, medieval, etc.) and stick with it when texturing and using flats.

Keep at it, and in 3 days you should be able to map as good as, well ... me!

Old Post 07-13-02 14:36 #
Lobo
Forum Regular

Kim Kitten said:
setting my monitor to 800x600 kills me eyes.

ROFLMAO

Old Post 07-13-02 15:34 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Hellbent said:

Yeah, but I prefer to do it the manual way, as you don't have to deal with door motifs. (stair ones are fine though, as you need those)

Old Post 07-13-02 19:42 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Liam the Bard said:
::cries::
I'm Liam.

BBG then said,
::laughs::
And I'm Andy. Anyway, Crusade is ok for a first try :)

im Max. im working on my tc too. im also working on map08 of the dw forum's project called freedoom. once you think your level skills are good, make a post on the freedoom forum in dw forums and say witch level you want to do.

Old Post 07-13-02 19:52 #
BlackFish is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kim Kitten
Mods actually answer me

Lol, 'Crusade' was going well, emphasis on WAS, for some strange reason the thing has stoped working, I keep on getting told I've got 'sector errors', and something about them not having a face, or whatever it was. Grrr, computers make me so mad! lol

The exact error messages are:-

Sidedef 155 has a bad sector
Sidedef 161 has a bad sector
Sidedef 171 has a bad sector
Sidedef 174 has a bad sector
Line 9 has 0 length
Line 137 has no front sector
Line 143 has no front sector
Line 153 has no front sector
Line 156 has no front sector
The following lines have no front sector:
137, 143, 153, 156
-------

Anyone even got a clue how I fix this?

Last edited by Kim Kitten on 07-14-02 at 00:44

Old Post 07-14-02 00:35 #
Lobo
Forum Regular

What makes me laugh is that if I posted this I would be insulted and flamed to hell, but because this is a female, you guys are all tripping over yourselves to answer.

Pathetic!

(BTW what makes you think that I'm not a girl?)

Old Post 07-14-02 02:47 #
Naked Snake

Lobo said:

I never said I didn't think you were a girl ;)

Old Post 07-14-02 02:54 #
Kim Kitten
Mods actually answer me

Ok, fixed the problem all on my own. Then I ran into a problem of a door that wouldn't open, so I got around that by closing off the corridor, deleting and re-creating the section the door led to, and created a teleporter to the area instead. lol.

Oh, btw, anyone played Driver 2 on PS? Is there a knack to getting to the 'Airport' in Las Vegas? Blinkin' cops keep on smashing the crap out of the car. >-(

Old Post 07-14-02 12:17 #
Naked Snake

Kim Kitten said:
Oh, btw, anyone played Driver 2 on PS? Is there a knack to getting to the 'Airport' in Las Vegas? Blinkin' cops keep on smashing the crap out of the car. >-(

GameFaqs or Gamewinners might be able to help.

Old Post 07-14-02 12:18 #
pritch
Super Moderator

Lobo said:
What makes me laugh is that if I posted this I would be insulted and flamed to hell, but because this is a female, you guys are all tripping over yourselves to answer.

Pathetic!

You're right of course, but at least she gets the help.

Oh yeah and people keep this thread on topic about Doom wads and mods only please. Or go to EE and start a new thread.

No chatting up Brummie lasses in this forum. Heh, but I'm serious.

Old Post 07-14-02 20:39 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Lobo said:
What makes me laugh is that if I posted this I would be insulted and flamed to hell
well why don't you try it and see?

Old Post 07-14-02 20:50 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote