Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Feeble attempt number #4,092,854

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

COMMUNITY DOOM WAD!

Come on people, you know you wanna do it.

Here's my thinking: you have 10 to 20 time slots to build the wad. Each time slot a section gets built by anyone who watns to participate. All the sections that get made get voted on by the community. So in essesnce you have a survival of the fittest wad. You'd get one week to do each section so that it would be a DW feature occuring once a weak for 10 to 20 weeks. If that's too long, then, say, every other day for a 20 to 40 day long Community Project.

Some problems with this would be voting on the submissions. I guess after each deadline for submissions, there would be a 24 hour window to download the submissions and vote. Or maybe someone could be hired to review them and select the top 5 of the bunch, so that if there were 15 submissions one week and 10 of them sucked, everyone wouldn't have to wade through so many. Once the votes are tallied, a section is chosen.

After the 10 to 20 sections are complete, the result is a level that is very incoherent but hopefully very interesting and creative. It would also be very linear, unless another person was hired to mosh the sections together some how. It would also be hard to have switches activating remote doors and britches etc. Well, I think it would still be cool. :-/

What if software archaeologists unearthed levels from the original DooM 1 that had somehow been lost and never made it into the original release of DooM? Project Doom the way id did explores what those levels might look like.

Old Post 07-10-02 23:27 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
oblivion
Loser

go help freedoom

Old Post 07-10-02 23:47 #
oblivion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

In my pants

Old Post 07-11-02 00:55 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

Hellbent said:
COMMUNITY DOOM WAD!
It would also be hard to have switches activating remote doors and britches etc. Well, I think it would still be cool. :-/

Hey, I could sure use some switches to activate my britches! Heh.

Old Post 07-11-02 23:06 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

I'm already involved in Hell Revealed II, Millenium, Raynor's Tale + some other secret projects. I also work as a level designer (professional). I might also join other projects. I don't have the time right now :[

Sorry :|

Old Post 07-11-02 23:12 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

what will your focal point of this megawad / tc will be ?

Old Post 07-11-02 23:18 #
hypr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

The focal point is that as many people participate as possible. :)

A collage of DOOMific scenes.

We could have a theme so that the final product would not be so incoherent. I'd personally like to see Episode 2 theme insterspersed with some infernoish hell.

What if software archaeologists unearthed levels from the original DooM 1 that had somehow been lost and never made it into the original release of DooM? Project Doom the way id did explores what those levels might look like.

Old Post 07-12-02 00:38 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jello
Forum Regular

"lüt: Yeah sure, why not, I need another excuse to delay Millennium further."

hmmmmm, well that explains alot :)

Old Post 07-14-02 00:08 #
Jello is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote