Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > PUZZLE

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

On map 27 of GreenWar.wad (FlowForm.wad) there is a very interesting bug. If you open up the map in an editor you will see at the bottom left of the map a long rectangle outside of the map. It is there because the wall that it is running alongside of behaves as though it is not impassible. Not the entire lindef, only about 1/2 or less of the linedef is passable! I have no idea why. If anyone could come up with possible reasons, that would just be swell, because it has really stumped me. In all the years I have been using Deep97 and now DeepSea I have never run into a glitch in my map I couldn't debug.

The linedef of interest is #359 in FlowForm.wad and GreenWar.wad

What if software archaeologists unearthed levels from the original DooM 1 that had somehow been lost and never made it into the original release of DooM? Project Doom the way id did explores what those levels might look like.

Old Post 07-11-02 00:15 #
Hellbent is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VolteFace

OK, I warn you, this is a long, complicated method, not for the faint
of heart. Abandon hope ye who enter here.

Step 1: Build nodes with BSP.EXE
Step 2: Play map

Old Post 07-11-02 00:39 #
VolteFace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Baaaa goes the llama.

What if software archaeologists unearthed levels from the original DooM 1 that had somehow been lost and never made it into the original release of DooM? Project Doom the way id did explores what those levels might look like.

Old Post 07-11-02 21:20 #
Hellbent is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

I use DeepSea. It has BSP built in. Every time I change the map it rebuilds the nodes.... Strange unsolvable mystery.

Old Post 07-13-02 06:03 #
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

So does WadAuthor....

Old Post 07-13-02 23:00 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esayeek

Hellbent said:
I use DeepSea. It has BSP built in. Every time I change the map it rebuilds the nodes.... Strange unsolvable mystery.

deep uses deepbsp, its own nodebuilder. i reccomend trying zennode, warm, or bsp, as all three can give satisfactory results, but occasionally choke up.

Old Post 07-14-02 00:51 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Cyclops fish? What will they come up with next.

I like mine: http://schmolze.com/~jacobi/fish9.bmp - right click on it and choose "Save Target As..."

Old Post 07-14-02 03:56 #
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

fish with guns!

Old Post 07-14-02 04:03 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Hellbent said:
Cyclops fish? What will they come up with next.
I made that ages ago.

Old Post 07-14-02 04:05 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote