Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Lookin for an old Wad

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ShapeShifter
Loser

A long time ago I witnessed a guy play a doom level that had a lava monster emerge from a pool of lava, when killed he melted just like the load screens, and I'm not sure becasue the player killed them pretty quickly, but I think it fired blobs of lava at you with it's hands. The level looked very hellish having no ceiling and reminding me of that Hell Mario Cart level it had lost souls. and I saw it around the time that a super mario game for the SNES featureing mario with a magic hat and magic wand came out, which was about 8 years ago So please don't tell me I saw Quake's Chathon Boss.

Old Post 07-12-02 05:11 #
ShapeShifter is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
JoelMurdoch
Should know better by now

ShapeShifter said:
A long time ago I witnessed a guy play a doom level that had a lava monster emerge from a pool of lava, when killed he melted just like the load screens, and I'm not sure becasue the player killed them pretty quickly, but I think it fired blobs of lava at you with it's hands. The level looked very hellish having no ceiling and reminding me of that Hell Mario Cart level it had lost souls. and I saw it around the time that a super mario game for the SNES featureing mario with a magic hat and magic wand came out, which was about 8 years ago So please don't tell me I saw Quake's Chathon Boss.

Er...you saw Quake's Ch'thon boss? Quake's six years old, remember.

I seem to remember Wildman or Fanatic doing a copy of that Quake level in Doom with EDGE, but I don't remember Ch'thon himself making an appearance. And that wasn't too long ago...two years maybe.

If the guy melted like the load screens (I assume you meant the sprite did and not whole screen itself) then it's definitely not eight years old. That kind of effect is very complex and would take serious sprite work to accomplish, not to mention some serious DeHackEd work to string enough sprites together. I don't think any of the new ports do it.

Or this could be a joke...

Old Post 07-12-02 10:25 #
JoelMurdoch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ShapeShifter
Loser

Yes only the lava guy melted like the load sceens, when killed of course. but he had a human shape to him and was about the size of a former human now it was about eight years ago, and it wasn't as complex as the load screens but same idea.

Old Post 07-12-02 16:06 #
ShapeShifter is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
JoelMurdoch
Should know better by now

ShapeShifter said:
Yes only the lava guy melted like the load sceens, when killed of course. but he had a human shape to him and was about the size of a former human now it was about eight years ago, and it wasn't as complex as the load screens but same idea.

OK, that sounds a little more Doom, but unforetunately I don't know the level.

Old Post 07-12-02 16:34 #
JoelMurdoch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote