Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > One of my old projects..

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Here's my only Doom megawad I've made myself. Maps E1M1 to E3M4 were created by me. It's called "Doom Revisited"

http://ftp.gamers.org/pub/games/idg...d-f/doomrev.zip

Old Post 07-15-02 07:09 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Does it replace episode 4 too?

Old Post 07-15-02 07:11 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Nope

Old Post 07-15-02 07:15 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

You should finish it up man! Finish episode 3 and 4, get rid of the sounds (I did that myself with wintex) and other stuff in the wad that just doesn't fit in doom. I like the new chaingun and it rules that you can view the dead marine sprites from multiple angles as well as the armor.

Old Post 07-15-02 07:25 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

My imagination died on me after I finished E3M3

I suppose I should have removed the episode 1 and 2 music since they seemed a bit pointless. Episode 3's music fitted perfectly since the music was mostly strings, giving it that errie feeling.

Also I would be happy if Ben Morris made a windows port of DCK 3.62 >_<

Last edited by Glaice on 07-15-02 at 08:49

Old Post 07-15-02 08:31 #
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

I doubt that'd ever happen, what, considering Ben Morris went on to write Worldcraft for Quake, which was then brought up by Valve for Half Life...

Old Post 07-15-02 09:24 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

[begin yelling]THIS DOESN'T RUN IN ZDOOM????????????[/end yelling]

What if software archaeologists unearthed levels from the original DooM 1 that had somehow been lost and never made it into the original release of DooM? Project Doom the way id did explores what those levels might look like.

Old Post 07-15-02 16:41 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

Hellbent said:
[begin yelling]THIS DOESN'T RUN IN ZDOOM????????????[/end yelling]

Hellbent, it will run with zdoom, but you have to fix the wad first. My copy of zdoom would not run it as-is, it complained about one error in r_init textures. So, I looked at all of the wad entries with Wintex and saw that there is an unneeded f_end entry. The flats in the wad are preceeded by ff_start and followed by ff_end, and that's fine. Zdoom does not like the extra f_end entry, which is about half way down the wad entries list in Wintex. Just delete that entry and away you go!

I think that the released version of zdoom will not have a problem with this extra f_end marker, I'll message Randy about it.

Old Post 07-15-02 19:52 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VolteFace

I got lost in the first level... what the hell am I supposed to do?
I had three keys, and then I wandered around for 20 minutes, and then
got bored and quit the game. :p

Old Post 07-15-02 20:14 #
VolteFace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

This is a pretty cool wad! Do you still map?

Old Post 07-15-02 20:40 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

give these to project freedoom

Old Post 07-15-02 21:09 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

Switch in e1m1 doesn't work. It has a tagged line blocking it :/

Old Post 07-15-02 21:25 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

VolteFace said:
I got lost in the first level... what the hell am I supposed to do?
I had three keys, and then I wandered around for 20 minutes, and then
got bored and quit the game. :p

You gotta find all 3 keys in the maze, go up the lift and that will transport you outside

stphrz said:
Switch in e1m1 doesn't work. It has a tagged line blocking it :/

Yea, kinda fucked up. Feel free to open the WAD up and fix it, or just use cheats to get around it

Maonth said:

If I can find a decent sector-based map editor for WINDOWS, I may finish. But I need to find my Ultimate Doom CD first :/

RailGunner said:
give these to project freedoom

Whozat? Gimme some contacts and an URL and maybe I'll consider it

Last edited by Glaice on 07-16-02 at 00:10

Old Post 07-15-02 22:09 #
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Mr. Chris said:

If I can find a decent sector-based map editor for WINDOWS, I may finish. But I need to find my Ultimate Doom CD first

WadAuthor. (and before someone else says it, Deepsea as well, but I recommend WA)

Old Post 07-15-02 23:36 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

One that doesn't have any limits on map making..

Old Post 07-16-02 00:09 #
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

see the freedoom forum? go there...

Old Post 07-16-02 00:44 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Maonth said:

Which map? :)

RailGunner said:
see the freedoom forum? go there...

URL?

Last edited by Glaice on 07-16-02 at 01:24

Old Post 07-16-02 01:17 #
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Ultimate DooMer said:

WadAuthor. (and before someone else says it, Deepsea as well, but I recommend WA)

I second WA.

One that doesn't have any limits on map making..
WA doesn't if you have the registered version.

Old Post 07-16-02 02:10 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I am a cheap bastard, and want it for no cost :P

Old Post 07-16-02 02:28 #
VolteFace

Hmmm... possibly something misfired while I was playing the map: the
lift didn't work. PRBoom.

I'll try again.

Old Post 07-16-02 02:37 #
VolteFace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

www.doomworld.com/vb/
then scroll down and click on freedoom.

Old Post 07-16-02 03:14 #
Lobo
Forum Regular

Freedooms URL is freedoom.despayre.org:81/

They're trying to get together a Doom IWAD which uses 100% free resources(i.e. no copyright issues)

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 07-16-02 19:24 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Mr. Chris said:
Here's my only Doom megawad I've made myself. Maps E1M1 to E3M4 were created by me. It's called "Doom Revisited"

http://ftp.gamers.org/pub/games/idg...d-f/doomrev.zip

Hey, I remember playing this WAD like a year and a half ago, or so! Hmm...didn't it have a Chris.deh or a Chris.bex file with it? The new chaingun looked like a minigun as well, if I remember. Oh, and not to be flaming you or dissing your WAD, but I personally didn't like the new Imp sound of the Shotgun's reloading sound.

Old Post 07-16-02 20:56 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

I deleted all the sounds from the WAD using WinTex.

Old Post 07-16-02 20:57 #
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

DooMBoy said:

Hey, I remember playing this WAD like a year and a half ago, or so! Hmm...didn't it have a Chris.deh or a Chris.bex file with it? The new chaingun looked like a minigun as well, if I remember. Oh, and not to be flaming you or dissing your WAD, but I personally didn't like the new Imp sound of the Shotgun's reloading sound.

Yes. It has both included in the zip.

Contents:

Chris.wad The main wad.
Chris.bex The bex file.
Chris.bat Use this run run if you like boom.
Dmrev.deh For DM.
Chris.txt Description.

Old Post 07-16-02 22:17 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sirjuddington
Slade doesn't mean what it used to

Chris: WinDEU?

Thats about the only half decent FREE windows editor, all the other good ones are for DOS. (DETH/ZETH should work through windows though...)

Old Post 07-17-02 05:50 #
sirjuddington is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote