Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Your DOOM projects

No ya sé, hablo de mí, yo soy el desubicado...
Gracias por el comentario sobre mí Inglés, pero tu dominio sobre ese idioma es superior al mío...
Me pregunto cuantas personas más hablarán Español o Castellano por acá..

Vegeta said:

I suppose everyone here are working in at least one DOOM project, I'd like to know about them.

Operation: Lightning - 11 levels for DooM 2. (complete)

Fragport - 32 levels for DooM 2. (complete)

Shadowcaster - 9 levels for Heretic. (complete)

007: Licence to Spell DooM - 9 ZDooM levels for Ultimate DooM. (current project)

I also have 8 Quake 2 skys, see web page for details.

Now I'm downloading Shadowcaster, it looks very promising.

What do you think that is your best wad?

Vegeta said:

What do you think that is your best wad?

That's a tough one, as Fragport is for DooM 2 and Shadowcaster is for Heretic. (different games, harder to compare them)

Fragport certainly has all the great ideas, and the speedy difficult gameplay, but Shadowcaster is much better in terms of detail, and has some unusual features and puzzles, while keeping the ideas flowing. (Operation: Lightning is well behind the others, well it was my first real attempt at editing. It is tough, though)

I would probably say both of them for now, but in a few months I will release my Ultimate ZDooM episode, and I'm pretty sure that will beat all of them....

MaTT [TiK] said:
Visual Basic

hehehehehehe *cough* ahem... well, the only languages I knew anything about when I was 16 was Basic and Visual Basic aswell, so I guess it's a start. VB is still a piece of crap though, about the only advantage is that you don't really have to touch the mess that's called the Windows API that C programmers have to deal with to do something half-decent.

Yeah, I started off with MSX-BASIC, went through GW-BASIC, Q-BASIC and finally Visual Basic, but since all versions of BASIC are basically the same (that wasn't supposed to be a joke), I can do a bit of all types I think. I'd like to learn C++ and I have a book on it (that I accidently brought home from school - it "fell" into my bag), but I don't actually have the software. Does anyone know where I can get it either very cheaply or completely free (legally of course)? :)