Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
VileSlay

dsv4 map 03 help

maybe I'm a retard, but how the hell do you get the yellow key without cheating? anyone know what I'm talking about. and how do you get the rocket launcher? can't figure it out man.

VileSlay said:

maybe I'm a retard, but how the hell do you get the yellow key without cheating? anyone know what I'm talking about. and how do you get the rocket launcher? can't figure it out man.

Don't worry, you're not a retard! The yellow key was damned annoying. I spent ages pressing those two switches and failing to make it to the key in time (assuming it was some timing puzzle). There is an unmarked wall panel in the same room as the switches that you need to press to get the key (from memory, I think it was directly opposite one of the switches).
This nearly made me abandon DSV4, but it was the only bad thing I've found so far in DSV4 - it rocks otherwise! (I'm up to map 12.)
Some of the traps are a bit nasty with -fast, but that's life!

first press the switch closest to the key. then press "use" on the flickering computer panel. to lower the wall.

also, the monsters in that room were also facing the cpu panel as well.

sorry that it was frustrating....

that puzzle was "mimic" from Final Outpost in Doom64.

VileSlay said:

and how do you get the rocket launcher? can't figure it out man.

there's a switch in that room with the rl, just shoot it and the bars will lower.

thanks bro. that worked. I figured out how to get the rocket launcher. you have to shoot the switch to open the bars. on to the next stage.

Deathman said:

the flickering computer panel.

Sorry, I was wrong to call it unmarked. "Very subtly marked" is more accurate. I'll know to look out for such things now...