Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > Some ideas

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darkhaven
Banned

Just a few small ideas... If it's out-of-the-ordinary or not-done-before or whatever, I'll provide all information I can.

IMAGE EDITING

Convert to RoTT/AA image

As the title suggests, simple thing to convert a standard image into a RoTT compatable wall/flat or an Amulets & Armor image.

RoTT flats

Standard size: 16,392 bytes
Type: 8 bit Bitmap
Image size: 128x128

RoTT walls (note: This isn't really needed at all, since "Save as Doom Flat" works just as good)

Standard size: 4,096 bytes
Type: 8 bit Bitmap
Image size: 64x64
Other info: For RoTT walls to work properly, you need to flip the image 90 degrees counterclockwise. Dunno why... :( Same thing applies to AA images...

Convert to RoTT Mask
Sorry, I don't know alot about this, except that somehow alot of garbage ends up on most of the masked wall lumps. I think these might be PCX's, but I'm not sure.

Convert to RoTT sprite
Same thing, except the garbage doesn't show up. I think these could be PCX's too, since these actually work in-game.

OTHER SHIT

MAPINFO generator / editor

Maybe some kind of interface similar to wackyname's DeCorEd, except to generate MAPINFO lumps?

DeHackEd generator

Maybe some kind of simple text hack editor? e.g.:

String number input: 666 (or whatever)
Input: You got a gun!
Output:
Text 20 14
You got the shotgun!You got a gun!

It may seem somewhat vague at this point, but I'll get more stuff up about mainly the RoTT masks/guns soon.

Old Post 01-10-05 09:27 #
Darkhaven is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote