Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > Feature Request

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
el zee
killer without a cause

Do you think you could get XWE to read the sprites from amulets and armor?

They seem to be stored in a file within PICS.RES called OBJS.RES

If I export OBJS.RES could you make XWE able to read the sprites?

Old Post 06-13-05 11:20 #
el zee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
robindegen

i think he needs filetype/structures for that. What's the header of the file, how are "lumps" stored? How much bytes is one lump, how much bytes is the header? What information is stored in the header? And what datatypes belong to that info (string, int, long, etc.). Exported files wont help much.

Old Post 06-13-05 20:15 #
robindegen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

El zee, love your persistence. This is the third time you're asking for it (http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...rmor#post528052, http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...rmor#post494286). The sprites are in some weird format which does not lend itself to easy reverse engineering. The reason the textures were so easy is because they are basically flat files. When I added support I think I mentioned that you guys should assume that I can just add support for any game or format.

Old Post 06-13-05 21:35 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
robindegen

well in that case, i've been looking to export the music from a game called "Shivers". ideas? ^_^

Old Post 06-13-05 21:53 #
robindegen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

Shivers? Never heard of it, can't find it on 3dgamers.org. Do you have a link to a demo download?

Old Post 06-21-05 19:52 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote