Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > Invalid filename.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dundermusen

Yes, that is what I get. No matter what I do, I get the message 'invalid filename.'

I've tried to add a MAPINFO and save it, and I have tried to add my own TITLEPIC and textures. But it just says 'invalid filename' every time!

Please help!

Old Post 07-07-05 12:26 #
dundermusen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

Are you using the latest release verison (1.15)? Or maybe the latest beta?

Do you get this error message for every WAD file you open, or just a particular one?

If you create a new WAD file (File|New) and save it on your C: drive, does it still give you the error?

Old Post 07-08-05 14:33 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dundermusen

For some reason I don't have a C drive on my laptop. So I tried another computer and saved all the files to the C drive and now everything works perfectly! Thanks!

Old Post 07-09-05 18:04 #
dundermusen is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

Ah, then it was have been the temporary folder - and therefore the backups. (XWE tries to create a backup for every operation.) In XWE, click View|Options, and look at the Temporary folder box. This defaults to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP, but you can set it to anything you like.

Old Post 07-10-05 00:18 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Maybe it should default to %TEMP% ?

(Try going to a command prompt and typing cd %TEMP% ; it will take you wherever the default temporary directory is. By default, the temp directory in XP/2000 is different than in 9x.)

Old Post 07-10-05 21:53 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dundermusen

yeah that fixed it. The temp folder was set to C:\, and I changed it to E:.

But everytime I start XWE it resets the temp folder back to C. Don't know if that's been fixed in the beta.

Old Post 07-11-05 01:11 #