Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > Maps as markers ?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:22. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sst66
Warming Up

Ok, so I've downloaded the latest beta of XWE and when i load a wad it shows the maps as markers instead of maps. I suspect that its just a matter of changing the type of entry the marker is so that it shows it as a map. I think (not sure) that a marker is of entry type 2 ? So i changed the entry type to 3 and viola, its now shown as a map. Now my Q...Why does xwe load a map as a marker instead of a map ?

Old Post 08-31-05 18:41 #
sst66 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
TheDarkArchon

Since it only recognises maps in the MAPxy form or the ExMy form.

Old Post 08-31-05 21:30 #
TheDarkArchon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Csabo

By default, XWE recognizes the following lumps as maps: MAP##;E#M#;E#M##;D#DM*;D#CTF*;MENUMAP (# is a number, * is any chars). You can easily edit this in the XWE.INI file. What was your map lump called?

Old Post 09-01-05 17:19 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
andrewj

A better way to recognise maps is to look at the lumps after it -- check if the next four lumps are THINGS, LINEDEFS, SIDEDEFS and VERTEXES.

Old Post 09-02-05 03:39 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
sst66
Warming Up

My map lump is still the same as it was when I used an earlier version of XWE and it worked fine. But only became unrecognized on the very latest version of XWE. I use both XWE an DB so I haven't changed the lump name at all (still MAP01). I create my maps with DB and do some minor wad editing with XWE ,mostly just adding sounds and textures, so that I don't have to load additional textures in DB.
The map not being recognized is more of an annoyance than a real problem.
BTW, I'm not sure which versions of XWE I have (didn't bring them with me. You see, I'm not at my pc as I type this so I can't check right now) but I can tell you this, my old XWE didn't have the filter button called "Lumps" and didn't auto play WAV.'s and the newest does.
And, also, I will need to check the order of the lumps in my wad to make sure they are in the correct position. Thank you all for replying to my post :) Now I just wish someone would reply to my post in the DB section of the forum :(

Last edited by sst66 on 09-02-05 at 16:54

Old Post 09-02-05 16:48 #
sst66 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote