Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

segmentation fault after editing wad in XWE

added a custom texture to my wad using xwe (i used wintex up to now) and now if i try to load the wad into winmbf or eternity i get a "segmentation fault" on the game startup. only the one patch and texture have changed.

edit: fixed it, tried again from a backup, the patch i added had been added as a marker lump even though i was in patch mode, i had to chage it's type to "33" for the patch to actually be a patch

now that's what i call an intuitive interface! /sarcasm

I've never had to use the "type change" feature. The only reason I added it was for fixing corrupt WAD files.

You may have found a bug. If you can send me your original WAD, plus the patch you were trying to add, I can try to reproduce the problem and fix it.

me hmz, well i've done it now to add a patch several times, and it might be just me having not RTFM.

steps:

1. start xwe
2. load pwad
3. click "patches" at bottom
4. entry->new
5. dialog promts for new entry name
6. new entry "name" is created and shown as type "marker"
7. right click on new entry->change type
8. dialog prompts for new number -> 33
9. entry type changes to "patch"
10. entry->replace
11. file dialog -> select bmp file to load as this patch

Whoa! You've turned a one-step import into 11 steps. Just double-click the Patches button from the toolbar.

You can also just Load entries (anything, really) from the Entry menu, you don't need to create a new one first. When an entry is loaded, its type and name will be picked up automatically. Use Entry|New if you want to create something from scratch (e.g. maps, etc).

The "manual" could be better, so if there's anything else that's unclear, just ask here.