Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeg-Vok

More PNG related shenanagins

Whenever I try to load a photoshop PNG file, It loads it as what seems to be a Doom Palletized image with a black background, when I look at it ingame, what should be transparent is correct, but the colors are still "Doomish", and it doesn't automatically align the PNGs either . . .

Could the alpha channel have anything to do with it, I've only had success working with PNGs with Alpha channels, and that success has been moderate at best.

It's easy to check if XWE is messing something up (it shouldn't though). After you import a PNG file (Entry|Load (raw data)) and look at it, it should show "[PNG]" where the size is displayed (e.g. 256x256 [PNG]). If you do see that, the PNG is imported as is, without any changes.

It's possible that perhaps the built-in PNG handler doesn't display it right, but then again ZDooM could be doing that too.

It says [PNG], but it still changes my yellows to reds and oranges, and keeps everything unaligned, no matter what I try

Do the colors also look wrong in ZDooM? If yes, your image has a problem anyway 'cause you can't use it in the game. If no, then just ignore how XWE shows it, it's only there just to make sure you've imported it.

Alignment: because of the special handing of the PNG files (and the Load raw data function), PNGs are not modified in any way when they are imported. So if you mean aligning them as sprites (e.g. horizontally centered), that's not (yet) done automatically. I guess it could be added.