Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > intermission screens

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doom_master1122

i want to make intermission screens but i dontknow how to use this.
can some one tell me step by step how to get the screens and the textures and what not for the screens,
thanx much all.

Old Post 08-25-06 06:33 #
Doom_master1122 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snarboo
Forum Staple

The intermissions in Doom and Doom II were both coded into the game to always appear in the same place and say the same thing. You will need dehacked to edit the text, and you can edit the transmission/ending picture for Doom with a program like Wintex or XWE. For Doom II, the only way you can edit the background texture is if you edit the actual texture itself.

I recommend using source ports that allow scripting, such as ZDoom and EDGE, if you want to make custom intermissions that appear where you want them to.

Old Post 08-25-06 07:03 #
Snarboo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Snarboo said:
I recommend using source ports that allow scripting, such as ZDoom and EDGE, if you want to make custom intermissions that appear where you want them to.

In case you didn't know, Zdoom now has a system specifically set up to script such intermissions rather than using traditional ACS scripting.

Old Post 08-25-06 22:10 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote