Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > Copying from one map to another .....

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ReX

I know I've asked this question a few years ago, and I'm doing what was suggested back then, but I can't get to do what I want.

Here's what I want - I want to copy a portion of one map into another.

Here's what I'm doing:
    1. I open up one instance of XWE and open the map into which I want to copy stuff (call it Map A).
    2. I open up another instance of XWE and open up the map from which I want to copy stuff (call it Map B).
    3. I select the stuff in Map B that I want to copy over, and from the Edit menu I select Copy.
    4. I go to Map A and pull down the Edit menu, but 'Paste' is not available. In other words, I cannot paste what I have copied.

I will keep looking for the solution in the other forums. The Help file does not provide an answer.

Old Post 12-08-06 23:16 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

Let me understand you correctly: you want to copy linedefs/sectors/things etc between maps? If so, XWE unfortunately cannot even do it within the same WAD between two maps. All you can do is select some stuff and then click Selection|Duplicate (within one map). The Edit|Copy and Paste commands are for the lump list. Or is it something else you want?

Old Post 12-09-06 17:10 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Csabo said:
Let me understand you correctly: you want to copy linedefs/sectors/things etc between maps?
That is correct. I am creating a map in sections & assembling them into a single map, and have reached the limits of WadAuthor. I wanted to use XWE to assmble the sections, as XWE is not subject to the same limitations.

If so, XWE unfortunately cannot even do it within the same WAD between two maps. All you can do is select some stuff and then click Selection|Duplicate (within one map). The Edit|Copy and Paste commands are for the lump list. Or is it something else you want?
Ah, that's too bad. I'll look at other alternatives then. Thanks.

Old Post 12-09-06 22:11 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote