Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Replacing intermission text screens

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blarg

Is there a way for me to replace the text in the big screens of text? (such as between maps 06 and 07 that begins "You see before you an outpost of hell..." or something like that.) I assume it's the same as if you want to replace the level name, but I don't know what to name my file.

Old Post 09-11-07 22:44 #
blarg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Unlike the level names you see in the intermission screen, the texts are hardcoded in the executable. The usual way to change them (as well as the level names appearing when you look at the automap) is through DeHackEd.

Some engines use other methods (such as a MapInfo lump), but DeHackEd is the most universal, and works even with the standard engine.

Old Post 09-11-07 23:02 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blarg

ok i'll download DeHackEd and see what I can do. thx

Old Post 09-11-07 23:10 #
blarg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

you may have trouble running it, you may want to try the windows version of it instead. It's called WhackEd.

Old Post 09-12-07 03:21 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sinfis
Green Marine

Here's another question: Is there any way to put a 320x200 size picture behind those intermission text screens instead of floor textures?

Old Post 09-12-07 13:24 #
Sinfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blarg

Can you give me a link to WhackED? I'm having trouble finding it.

Old Post 09-15-07 12:33 #
blarg

nvm I found it, of course after I posted that reply. Of course...

Old Post 09-15-07 12:36 #
myk
volveré y seré millones

Sinfis said:
Here's another question: Is there any way to put a 320x200 size picture behind those intermission text screens instead of floor textures?
Normally, no, but engines supporting ZDoom's MapInfo lump can do that.

Old Post 09-15-07 15:55 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote