Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > Cleaning up a sprite location

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gabrimcr
Green Marine

How can I clean up a sprite location of an existent monster? (Sorry for grammar errors, I'm italian)

Old Post 11-20-07 16:11 #
Gabrimcr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ReX

Please define what you mean by "clean up" and "sprite location".

Old Post 11-24-07 16:52 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gabrimcr
Green Marine

I want to modify existing monsters and i don't want to delete every sprite pixel by pixel!!!

Old Post 11-24-07 18:07 #
Gabrimcr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
YMB
v2.0

Gabrimcr said:
I want to modify existing monsters and i don't want to delete every sprite pixel by pixel!!!

Just delete the entries.

Old Post 11-24-07 21:00 #
YMB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gabrimcr
Green Marine

But I don't want to delete the entry because I need it. I only want to create a new image for the monster. For example: instead of the demon I want to insert Winnie the Pooh... or other.

Old Post 11-25-07 13:39 #
YMB
v2.0

Gabrimcr said:
But I don't want to delete the entry because I need it. I only want to create a new image for the monster. For example: instead of the demon I want to insert Winnie the Pooh... or other.

Delete the entries, then load in the new images and rename them to the relevant entry names.

Old Post 11-25-07 14:22 #
YMB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gabrimcr
Green Marine

Thank you very much! You have saved my fingers from hours and hours of boring clicking...

Old Post 11-25-07 19:45 #
Gabrimcr
Green Marine

This isn't the right solution. Somebody has got an alternative?

Old Post 11-28-07 15:43 #
myk
volveré y seré millones

Gabrimcr said:
This isn't the right solution.
Why not?

A sprite is a series of pictures with the same base name, such as SARG. What kind of modification do you need to make, changing some details in the pictures, recoloring some parts, or both? Or do you want completely new pictures for the set (for example SARG)?

Old Post 11-28-07 16:18 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gabrimcr
Green Marine

I want to do a completely change of the sprite. A mod of doom.

Old Post 11-28-07 16:48 #
myk
volveré y seré millones

The pictures of the new set are best edited or drawn in another program, such as The GIMP or Paint Shop Pro, and when finished, loaded into your wad with XWE between the SS_START and SS_END markers. Once you have the pictures it's easy to place them in the wad. Naturally, making or modifying each picture can be quite a lot of work.

Old Post 11-28-07 17:39 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gabrimcr
Green Marine

thank you very much.

Old Post 11-30-07 14:59 #