Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > A n00bie's welcome

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
herooftime1000

I got big dreams, probably enough to crush me.

Does anyone know where I can a GREAT tutorial of XWE?

If not, then maybe a tutorial of how to make your own monsters or weapons.

If not, yeah whatever, nice to see you all. **

Old Post 06-04-08 03:38 #
herooftime1000 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

herooftime1000 said:
Does anyone know where I can a GREAT tutorial of XWE?

XWE has a limited Help file, but it is by no means comprehensive. Other people have posted helpful tips on DoomWorld forums.

If not, then maybe a tutorial of how to make your own monsters or weapons.

Are you asking for help with the making of the graphics (sprites), with the definition of new enemy & weapons behavior, or with the insertion of these into your game? XWE can only help you with the insertion of enemy/weapon sprites & definitions into your game. You will need a graphics editing program (such as PhotoShop) if you want to create your own monsters or weapons. To define enemy or weapon behavior all you need is a text editor (such as NotePad). I don't believe there are tutorials for creating new behavior, because of the degree of customization possible. However, there is a detailed tutorial on making enemy sprites (from models) and inserting them into your game at DooM Nexus.

Old Post 06-04-08 13:17 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
herooftime1000

Well thanks, but yes I want to know how to make the behaviors. I am already a good sprite artist.

Old Post 06-04-08 17:55 #
herooftime1000 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

The classic method by which to modify gun/monster behaviour is DeHackEd:

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/DeHackEd

This method is compatible with all major Doom engines. The links in the article should get you started. If you want to be able to customize further, then you'll have to restrict yourself to the features offered by a specific port. I would recommend ZDoom's DECORATE:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE

Old Post 06-04-08 18:57 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
herooftime1000

Useful, indeed, thank you.

Old Post 06-04-08 22:49 #
DoomKn1ght

http://www.freewebs.com/wadsayer/xwe.htm#Basic

I google this don't seems very exhaustive though.

Old Post 06-09-08 21:56 #
DoomKn1ght is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote