Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > XWE Fails.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
THE GMoD
Warming Up

Well today I booted up XWE and was greeted with 2 error messages on startup
:
The first was:

"Failed to create key .WAD."

and the other right after the first:

"List index out of bounds (0)"

So I think alright... Well XWE still started lets load my wad That, btw, I have been working on for a little while with no problem.
So I go File\Open\Doom Mod and I am given:

"Access violation at address 00442E5SA in module 'XEW.exe', Read at address 0000050."

When I click OK XWE remains open but my .wad is not loaded.

Just some quick info:
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 with XWE Version 1.14 for Windows 32bit.

Old Post 05-09-10 18:06 #
THE GMoD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

XWE is an old program that is no longer maintained because the developer did not have the time anymore.

While the source code has been released, nobody has picked it up since apparently Delphi is not that popular.

There are workarounds for these two problems, which you can probably find through the ever-useful search feature of the forums, but do not expect to ever see a fixed version of XWE available, so maybe you should look at other tools...

Old Post 05-09-10 19:17 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
THE GMoD
Warming Up

Gez said:
XWE is an old program that is no longer maintained because the developer did not have the time anymore.

While the source code has been released, nobody has picked it up since apparently Delphi is not that popular.

There are workarounds for these two problems, which you can probably find through the ever-useful search feature of the forums, but do not expect to ever see a fixed version of XWE available, so maybe you should look at other tools...

Can you recommend a tool that will work with Windows 7 that can import and export images to use as sprites? I fail at finding a good one :/.

Old Post 05-10-10 04:20 #
THE GMoD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Try SLumpEd, it serves the same purpose though has a different feature set. As for getting XWE working again - work your way through the suggestions in this thread and consider updating to version 1.16.

Old Post 05-10-10 07:58 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote