Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > XWE > Custom Monsters

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tehdrunkdemon
Mini-Member

Will XWE allow me to create custom monsters for Doom wads?

Old Post 06-14-10 00:53 #
tehdrunkdemon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Yes and no. You can use XWE to turn your sprites, sounds, scripts & etc. into a wad, adjust sprite offsets and tweak scripts. To create the sprites and sounds - or convert them from unsupported formats - you'll need other tools.

Old Post 06-14-10 06:07 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
tehdrunkdemon
Mini-Member

GreyGhost said:
Yes and no. You can use XWE to turn your sprites, sounds, scripts & etc. into a wad, adjust sprite offsets and tweak scripts. To create the sprites and sounds - or convert them from unsupported formats - you'll need other tools.

To create monsters from existing monsters and use them in a wad, should I use XWE or DeHackEd?

Old Post 06-15-10 00:39 #
tehdrunkdemon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

For sprite swaps and behaviour modification of standard IWAD monsters (and if you want to maintain vanilla compatibility) I'd use DeHackEd. For major modifications you'll need a port-specific scripting language - like DECORATE, which can be edited in XWE.

Old Post 06-15-10 04:09 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
tehdrunkdemon
Mini-Member

GreyGhost said:
For behaviour modification of standard IWAD monsters (and if you want to maintain vanilla compatibility) I'd use DeHackEd. For major modifications you'll need a port-specific scripting language - like DECORATE, which can be edited in XWE.

Medeival imp warriors are based on imps and caco-cacodemons are based on cacodemons. So for medieval imp warriors and caco-cacodemons to exist and maps in which they are used to be boom compatible, I should use DeHackEd right?

Old Post 06-15-10 04:14 #
skib
Banned

This shows how to put DEHACKED into WADS, no DECORTE needed.

Old Post 03-19-11 10:36 #
skib is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

If you're going to necrobump a thread it might help if your contribution is somewhat relevant.

BTW - Nutcracker's approach works, you just have to rename the lump afterwards.

Old Post 03-19-11 12:05 #
1337CyberdemonxX
Loser

yea i've created monsters with XWE. it is annoying making all the sprites tho. it can be hard to code at first so read DECORATE reference here
http://zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE

Old Post 10-13-11 21:34 #
1337CyberdemonxX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote